EAS (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
hey does anyone know how many eas are given, for example, if i apply to two disadvantages like illness of a family member and employment would they stack or remain the same

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
hey does anyone know how many eas are given, for example, if i apply to two disadvantages like illness of a family member and employment would they stack or remain the same
Yeah it would stack I think. They select people based on severity. But I know a lot of people who just got in though EAS with only 1 disadvantage.

specificagent1

HSC
EAS categories of disadvantage would indeed stack. Depending on how many categories you are eligible for and how many categories the particular uni considers you would receive a particular set of adjustment factors. This will be emailed to you in November by UAC it is known as a "EAS notification of eligibility letter"

In terms of getting into uni with EAS there are two main ways you can use this:

- Firstly you may simply choose to use the adjustment factors increase your selection rank so you are above the lowest selection rank (LSR). For example, you have an ATAR of 80 and are applying for a course with a guaranteed LSR of 85 at that uni and receive 6 adjustments for that uni your selection rank is 86 (80 ATAR + 6 adjustments) and hence satisfy the LSR for an offer.

- The second method is via SRS. For some unis, like UTS to qualify for their equity stream of SRS you are required to be eligible for EAS under SEIFA considerations or financial hardships. Once qualified, you may be given an early conditional offer with a reduced ATAR requirement. Note: for 2021 UTS has introduced a stream of SRS for all year 12 students due to the impact of covid 19. Despite this, UTS RESERVES a number of spots for equity students so this new stream of SRS does not affect the equity stream. UNSW gateway and USYD E12 works in similar fashion. I would advice that you check them out.

Note SRS applications close on the 19th of September and EAS closes on the 22nd of November. Do this well before the date as some unis require personal statements to be written.

I would recommend reading up on the UAC website on how EAS and SRS works before going to each individual uni and reading up how their specific scheme works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)