eco for business finals. (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hey, we've been given the sample exam paper...

i'm just not sure..
with part B (microeconomic short answer questions) and part C (macroeconomic short answer Qs) and the media questions...

i'm not sure what is the expected length for such short answer questions? and .."quality" - eg, i'd still essentially be writing 'band6' hsc styled responses, since i dont know how else to..respond...

HSC
use your common sense ^ it should be pretty obvious what sort of length they are looking for based on the marks allocated.

should have realised by now there's no expected length. write as much as you can to answers the question adequately nothing more- the markers at uni aren't as kind as the hsc one's who'll read everything.

pretty pointless question tbh.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
pointless to you maybe, but ur response helped.
so it was far from pointless for me ;)

HSC
lol, yeah so there's no length, answer it according to the amt of marks allocated.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
You shouldn't be too worried pari. You got a Band 6 in Economics in the HSC- so it just a matter of doing a similar thing e.g. drawing diagrams and incorporating them into your essays, real-life examples etc.

I found Economics for Business extremely easy after I had the backing of HSC Economics.

Like ifsonotso said, there is no expected length for a response.

roadcone

HSC
I also found eco for business pretty easy after hsc economics. The macroeconomic question in particular should be a walk in the park.

As others have said there is no correct length that a response should be - just remember to answer the question appropriately and use the number of marks allocated to the question as a guide for how thoroughly it should be answered.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
roadcone said:
I also found eco for business pretty easy after hsc economics. The macroeconomic question in particular should be a walk in the park.

As others have said there is no correct length that a response should be - just remember to answer the question appropriately and use the number of marks allocated to the question as a guide for how thoroughly it should be answered.
Could anyone doing eco this semester upload the subject outline? I am doing eco next semester n wanna prepare myself....

spence

HSC
The exam should be pretty easy I reckon since Chris basically told us the questions

spence

HSC
How'd everyone go in the media assignment? I got 17, pretty happy with that

Donski

HSC
N/A
spence said:
The exam should be pretty easy I reckon since Chris basically told us the questions
like when? hints aint questions.

spence

HSC
Well not the questios, but the topic that each question is on makes it pretty damn easy

spence

HSC
I just worked out I can fail the exam and still get a credit :)

roadcone

HSC
spence said:
I just worked out I can fail the exam and still get a credit :)
it's not a good attitude to have. don't just wander in not worrying because you'll pass anyway. i mean you'll still end up with the credit, but a hd looks a hell of a lot better.

Donski

HSC
N/A
huh easy for you...

ive changed my mind, i will do market structures now.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
roadcone said:
it's not a good attitude to have. don't just wander in not worrying because you'll pass anyway. i mean you'll still end up with the credit, but a hd looks a hell of a lot better.
Yeah I agree with roadcone.

spence - If you want to comment on your situation, you should say I need X marks to get a D or X marks to get a HD. Be more optimistic!

spence

HSC
I am aiming for an HD, I'm pretty confident I can get that, I just thought it was good that even if I don't go well in the final I can still go well in the subject

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
spence said:
I am aiming for an HD, I'm pretty confident I can get that, I just thought it was good that even if I don't go well in the final I can still go well in the subject
Thanks mate for the subject outline!

By the way, how different is eco compared to accounting? How is like the mid semester exam and final exam in eco?

Really looking forward to do eco next semester.

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
samuraitor said:

By the way, how different is eco compared to accounting? How is like the mid semester exam and final exam in eco?

Ignorance is bliss

spence

HSC
samuraitor said:

No problem. I didn't really find eco and accouting had much in common. The midsemester was 30 multiple choice, none of which were too difficult if you understood the course. The final was 20 MC, two short answers, and a media article question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)