Economics Assessment Task 1 (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Can anyone tell me what is an acute definition of financial flows and how the asian financial crisis illustrates the influence of them. Infact I only really need the definition, the text book is handing me a vague description, I was just wondering if anyone had something more concrete. That's about it ^_^ Thanks in advance

AGB

HSC
financial flows in the context of the syllabus (i'm assuming youre doing topic 1) basically means changes in investment. now that can be investment in capital (e.g. building a factory) or it can be foreign investment in different types of securities (e.g. shares, bonds, derivatives)... there are specific terms for these but i cant remember them off the top of my head

Ednaw

HSC
I think that the message ur trying to get accross is portfolio investment and foreign direct investment. portfolio investment generally means investing in stocks, while FDI's are investments in building a new company overseas or buying the company.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
nick1048 said:
Can anyone tell me what is an acute definition of financial flows and how the asian financial crisis illustrates the influence of them. Infact I only really need the definition, the text book is handing me a vague description, I was just wondering if anyone had something more concrete. That's about it ^_^ Thanks in advance
Read these on the crisis:
http://www.stern.nyu.edu/globalmacro/asian_crisis/basic_readings.html
http://www.unu.edu/hq/academic/Pg_area4/Vichyanond.html

Plus what most others have said, just the flow of investments in and out of countries.

mattchan

HSC
While talking about flows, what exaclty is a trade flow??

Ednaw

HSC
yeah that about sums it up but ill put it in lamens terms, trade flows are just imports and exports (goods and services) of a country

Ednaw

HSC
just as another point is anybody else doing there first hsc assessment task for economics right now, the case study on a economy? or has any1 already done an assessment task in school on the first topic and got it scanned on there computer :)

Ednaw

HSC
ok then, add me whenever im doing my economics assignment (well starting it) so ill be around for a while :p, gimme the questions ill try and answer them through my economic knowledge alone :)

mattchan

HSC
Just a question, where are you guys up to in your economics syllabus in class?

HSC
well our class is up to variations in the standard of living in the global economy, but i think most schools are ahead of us? (could possibly be due to the fact that today in our double we watched monty python coz it was too hot to work...) btw sounds like everyone's first assessment task is on globalisation case study..ours was on world organisations (wto, imf, world bank). I'm a bit worried, but we haven't come to that part of the syllabus yet so hopefully it's all good..

Ednaw

HSC
Well our classes are quite funny, our teacher is hardly there so i think we'd be a fair way behind where we should be. I think we just finished the equivalent of chapter 2 of the leading edge economics book (so only about 35pages through the textbook)

HSC
Ednaw said:
Well our classes are quite funny, our teacher is hardly there so i think we'd be a fair way behind where we should be. I think we just finished the equivalent of chapter 2 of the leading edge economics book (so only about 35pages through the textbook)
HSC marking / setting next years exam??

Hey Johnny ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)