End with a bang. (1 Viewer)

Counterfeit

HSC
Yeah well i have absolutely no qualms in saing that was my absolute worst HSC exam.

The questions were absolute shit, limiting, frustrating and lame.

Geez i usually hate these whinge threads but faaaaaaaaar out that exam deserves a good whinge!

Im counting on my rank to save me, i screwed that terribly.

yuck.

pinkballerina18

HSC
What plays did you study?

LOL at the whinge fest! Don't worry mate, you probably did better than you think you did! And if not, it's not the end of the world...Although it probably does seems like it at the moment! Just curious as to what plays everyone studied???

tinkerbellisiou

HSC
N/A
the questions i ddid werent hard but so limiting and sooooooo completly different to wat we did for all our assessments

we did the crapiest plays gary's house and seven stages of grieving for aussie and irish for elective geez that irish question they definatly pulled out of their arse! like where do they come up with this shit from?

anywho iam counting on ip the most and gp too and school marks
hope u all did great

pwincesssue

this exam was so horrible, the australian question was shocking as i found it so irrelevant, what the hell can u talk about, the question was bull crap, and in absurdism they focus on physical and visual, what the hell what about verbal, n all the other techniques, this exam sucked.....how did everyone else answer the shocking questions ???????????

jezika8

HSC
i thought it was a good exam..

i thought the exam was really good! i thought the questions were fine as well i did..
AUST DRAMA
- garys house
- running up a dress

ABSURDISM
- godot
- zoo story
- dumb waiter

supergirl

HSC
tinkerbellisiou said:
we did the crapiest plays gary's house and seven stages of grieving for aussie and irish for elective geez that irish question they definatly pulled out of their arse! like where do they come up with this shit from?
Wow, same!
What plays do you do for Irish? We do Dancing at Lughnasa and Beauty Queen of Leenane. Aus question was good, I thought, but Irish was terrible.

lollee

sweet as
HSC
i hated the aus question completley stupid but brecht was brilliant ah well who cares now any way started celebratory drinks at 3.45 9thats how long it took me o get to the club) and i shall be partying hard tonight yew!

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I liked both questions. It was one what I studied. For Absurdist I specifically studied what Absurdist plays say about the Human Condition, so I was like "yesssss!" :)

bonniejjj

HSC
supergirl said:
Wow, same!
What plays do you do for Irish? We do Dancing at Lughnasa and Beauty Queen of Leenane. Aus question was good, I thought, but Irish was terrible.
My class studied those two plays as well. I agree, the question was terrible, but I think *somehow* I managed to put together a rather good response. Not as good as Australian, which I spent a few minutes writing down a plan of what I was going to write, but i'm going to err on the side of optimism.

demonomaniac

HSC
rotten

that australian drama question was bullshit...i just didnt no where to start!!

i got confused on what exactly it was asking..as it seemed irrelevent and dumb

the 17th cent comedy one was good..coz i just pulled all this info out of my ass lol

atleast its ova,and i also got my major work back so yay

jaihson

HSC
Yes I didnt understand what the Australian theatre one was asking. I mean the quote was straight forward, but then the stuff about "how the characters respond" sorta threw me.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Yeah, the Australian drama question threw me too. we did The Touch of Silk and Summer of the Seventeenth Doll.. i had no ideawhat to do and went to the Brecht question which was heaps better, we did Mother Courage and her Children and the Caucasian Chalk Circle.
im sooooooooooo glad its all over!

skp_grl

HSC
i thought the Australian one was great i actually found it hard to finish that one and go onto my next. i didnt like my next one though it was absurdist and i think i kept getting a bit off track and then coming back to it. so i hope i did alright but the absurdist was a buit throw offish u just had to take a second or so to concentrate on exactly wat the question was asking and plan optherwise u would get mighty confused

phatchance

HSC
I think about stuff and naked people and shit like that.

fags

Last edited:

Gummy_bear

HSC
i must admit that the question on changes for australian threatre reminded me more of an english question than drama.

they probibly re used an old change question from enlish in 2004 when they did change instead of journey...

absurd was fun.

C

Crazy Pomo

Australian theatre was solid, comprehensive but very approachable and suited my texts (7 Stages and Gary's House) wonderfully. Brecht was awesome and incredibly easy. All round fucking great exam. Good one to go out on. I only just got back from having fun. Also, got to see a film for the first time in about a year. Wolf Creek, fucking great everyone go and see it! Happy Days!

Pierotte

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Australian theatre was solid, comprehensive but very approachable and suited my texts (7 Stages and Gary's House) wonderfully. Brecht was awesome and incredibly easy. All round fucking great exam. Good one to go out on. I only just got back from having fun. Also, got to see a film for the first time in about a year. Wolf Creek, fucking great everyone go and see it! Happy Days!
Ok, for curiosities sake, WHAT did u write for the australian Theatre question?
What did u think the question was of asking you?
I just didnt fucking get it.
I agree with whoever said it was an english style question, and that threw me...
i went off on some ridiculous tangent on how theatre is a modern survival technique, and how it is the composers journey of acceptance and coping. The question was SO badly worded....
ironically the slightly less intelligent half of my class had no problems with this question, they over simplified it and thought it was easy, where as the 4 people who usually top drama essays (including me) did not understand it in the least.

And absurd, HOW did ANYONE like the absurd one? Visual and Physical? HOW LIMITING!!! what about dialogue and an over all social comments. shit shit shitty mc shit shit.

..sigh, and i couldnt find anywhere to fit in drama quotes, i had about 50, yet the given questions would not allow for them.

I HATE WHOEVER GOT BRECHT! easiest question ever!

BOARD OF STUDIES, if you are reading this, set all questions at the same level!!!
Like in english, there are different texts, but essentially each question is the same so nobody is advantaged in any way.

Experiential learning, oh come on! Anyone who does NOT get a band 6 for that question is a fool.

jaihson

HSC
Pierotte said:
Ok, for curiosities sake, WHAT did u write for the australian Theatre question?
What did u think the question was of asking you?
I just didnt fucking get it.
I agree with whoever said it was an english style question, and that threw me...
i went off on some ridiculous tangent on how theatre is a modern survival technique, and how it is the composers journey of acceptance and coping. The question was SO badly worded....
ironically the slightly less intelligent half of my class had no problems with this question, they over simplified it and thought it was easy, where as the 4 people who usually top drama essays (including me) did not understand it in the least.

And absurd, HOW did ANYONE like the absurd one? Visual and Physical? HOW LIMITING!!! what about dialogue and an over all social comments. shit shit shitty mc shit shit.

..sigh, and i couldnt find anywhere to fit in drama quotes, i had about 50, yet the given questions would not allow for them.

I HATE WHOEVER GOT BRECHT! easiest question ever!

BOARD OF STUDIES, if you are reading this, set all questions at the same level!!!
Like in english, there are different texts, but essentially each question is the same so nobody is advantaged in any way.

Experiential learning, oh come on! Anyone who does NOT get a band 6 for that question is a fool.

I couldnt agree more about the Australian Theatre Question. I found it really difficult, and i still do not understand the questions properly. I mean the quote was understandable, but the bit below it threw me.
I wasnt sure what exactly they wanted me to include or how to structure my response in relation to the question. And yes, I had trouble understanding it because of the wording.
I found it difficult not to slip into the 'english essay' style also.
Congrats to those who are confident with it tho

Pierotte

HSC
jaihson said:
I couldnt agree more about the Australian Theatre Question. I found it really difficult, and i still do not understand the questions properly. I mean the quote was understandable, but the bit below it threw me.
I wasnt sure what exactly they wanted me to include or how to structure my response in relation to the question. And yes, I had trouble understanding it because of the wording.
I found it difficult not to slip into the 'english essay' style also.
Congrats to those who are confident with it tho
Listen to this guy, he knows what h;es talking about.

This thread should end here!

:D

(nice post muaha!)

chocaholiic

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
yo i totally agree! i did the same texts ^^^ as well so yeah was pretty good for me. i finished a whole booklet for the australian one so im pretty happy. And yeah the question was really relevant to GH ans 7stages! woo hooo. Brecht was okish the question was heaaappsss easy to refer to but my answer coulda been a bit better! not too bad tho!

bring on the parties...ive already had 2 its been gr8! 25sleeps til cruise

choca

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)