Eng + pure maths / stats (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
Okay so I want to do mechanical engineering instead of mechatronic lel... What's more valuable with a mechanical degree ? Stats or pure maths?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah same but it's too late for me to change :'c

what do you want to do in the future?

D94

HSC
N/A
Probably statistics, but if you're going to do a maths major, that should come down to your interests, not based on what compliments an engineering degree.

Drsoccerball

HSC
probably statistics, but if you're going to do a maths major, that should come down to your interests, not based on what compliments an engineering degree.
budum chhh

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Just ask yourself why you want to do a double degree. There's no need to like if you just enjoy engineering then dont do it. But if you feel your not getting enough maths or stats then continue it. But you're taking on a lot more work (and potentially debt), so make sure its worth it. As to employability, getting a job is really important, as that's the end goal of any degree. However don't necessarily jump on the whole, maths grads get jobs/stem proaganda etc. only take that stuff as a rough guideline. If you are passionate in what you study then that will flow on to other areas of your life and you will find something and make it work.

Just my opinion. Also my dad did mechanical engineering @ unsw (albeit a long time ago now loL) and he really enjoyed it but hated with a passion fluid dynamics and some acoustics thing. But apart from that it was enjoyable. He still has his slide rule and all of his drawings :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)