Engineering HELP!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Torrie308

Guys, im going to study Mechanical Technology at TAFE after the HSC. its based on engineering. I have never done any engineering studies in my life and was just wondering what it consists of? Im not super-smart, just your average Joe-Blo.
Ive done great in the HSC in general Maths and also in senior science.

I was basically asking any People who have studied engineering, what they thought of the subject. Boring, hard, complicated, fun, easy? So I know what to expect in TAFE.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

cheers.

Torrie308

Surely its not that difficult in TAFE.
I know its hard at uni, but TAFE is more hands on.

Anyway is the subject interesting/fun?

Felix: I

bits of it was fun/interesting...but im my standpoint there was just too much calculating to be fun. and really, there is hardly any "hands-on" stuff that we did throughtout the entire course.

the highlight was probably building a little wooden bridge and breaking it.....that's about it.

but i dunno, TAFE engineering might be more hands-on than school engineering, but then again it could have just as much calculation...

manly girl

I liked it.
We built a bridge out of balsa which carried 15kg (and mine didn't fail!), a device to lift 500g powered by a desk fan, we heat treated metal files, put them in clamps and smashed them across the room with hammers and all kinds of cool stuff.

pcreedy

HSC
N/A
Engineering studies after school can be a lot of fun. Id brush up on some physics (vectors and stuff) if you want to make the maths part easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)