• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering R&D (1 Viewer)

kkakaka

HSC
N/A
Hi, guys I've been skimming through the ANU forum since I can't seem to use the search tool (image verification keeps giving me jumbled images). Still, I can't find any info about ANU's Engineering Research and Development Program.

I have read the handbook from the ANU website, but I want to know more from current students. Can anyone shed some light about the coursework load, research and job prospects? Will it allow me to go into industries for civil/chemical/biomedical/environmental engineering? Is it a very hands-on approach to machinery and systems (as I gather from the web)? Has anyone dropped out of the program due to the extreme pressure/difficulty?

Also, what difference will it make to take on the combined degree of B of Engineering R&D / B of Science? I know it will take five years than the normal 4 years, but is the extra year worth it?

(Any current student who wants to talk to me via email will be much appreciated as well)

Thanks. Just looking for some insight, and sorry if this has been asked before.

[moved it here since the ANU forum seems dead]

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
don't know much but R&D sounds like research is your most likely career path

kkakaka

HSC
N/A
@kaz1: Yeah, from what I gather, it's leaning heavily towards innovations etc. (I love your signature btw)

I'm mostly worried about the coursework load, especially if it's very machine-centric...

Anyone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)