english advanced quotes (1 Viewer)

akkjen

HSC
N/A
how many quotes have you guys memorised (or have to memorise)? do we need quotes for module C to put into the reflection thing?
thanks in advance (get it?)

Hscbuzman

HSC
25ish per essay module. Mod C is closer to 35 however as they can ask multiple things

• Haha
Reactions: Jig

akkjen

HSC
N/A
i thought no quotes were required for mod c as it just required you to quote your imaginative/discursive and tell them what techniques you used that were similar to mod c texts.

Hscbuzman

HSC
i thought no quotes were required for mod c as it just required you to quote your imaginative/discursive and tell them what techniques you used that were similar to mod c texts.
You have to QUOTES the texts you modelled on from the Mod C prescribed list in part B and quote these texts in the actual part A to show the links.

MrSir

HSC
N/A
As a marker we look for two quotes per body paragraph. You don’t need quotes for mod c . You only have 40 minutes to write so 6-8 quotes explaining their relevance and effect is suffice

Hscbuzman

HSC
As a marker we look for two quotes per body paragraph. You don’t need quotes for mod c . You only have 40 minutes to write so 6-8 quotes explaining their relevance and effect is suffice
Dear Ian,

You are wrong

Hscbuzman

HSC
Ian, we are told to have 8 quotes per body paragraph

akkjen

HSC
N/A
I think 8 per paragraph would be too many.

akkjen

HSC
N/A
just having 8 quotes won't give you a band 5 or 6, you will need to expand on them. Considering we get 40 mins we won't have time to explain 8 quotes per paragraph (especially if you write 3-4 paragraphs). I would think having 3-4 quotes per paragraph with solid proof and techniques will be equivalent if not better for your whole essay. But then again.... i am no teacher so take this with a grain of salt

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Ian, we are told to have 8 quotes per body paragraph

Wow . If that’s what you’ve been told to do in 40minutes then that’s what you should do
So you want a band 3 or 4?
Whatever your school says you should follow . Bands aren’t decided by quotes only and the schools should advise . Remember it’s for forty minutes so time management is important

Hscbuzman

HSC
Wow . If that’s what you’ve been told to do in 40minutes then that’s what you should do

Whatever your school says you should follow . Bands aren’t decided by quotes only and the schools should advise . Remember it’s for forty minutes so time management is important
Ian. The standard for band 6 and 5 is what I said. Schools don't mark HSC. Nesa do and they set rhe standard. Ian

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Ian. The standard for band 6 and 5 is what I said. Schools don't mark HSC. Nesa do and they set rhe standard. Ian
LQUOTE]

I know . That’s exactly my thinking as well .

MrSir

HSC
N/A
I know . That’s what they said to us

Thanks for pointing that out . I’ve got the NESA guidelines for English in front of me now so I can get it right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)