English advanced (1 Viewer)

Woaosiski

HSC
I’m currently doing English advanced and I’m kinda struggling in it especially when it comes to analysing texts. Should i just drop to standard and if i did will i still be able to get a 90+ atar. and do any of you have any tips on improving English advanced? Much appreciated thanks

Mikunnn~

HSC
I’m currently doing English advanced and I’m kinda struggling in it especially when it comes to analysing texts. Should i just drop to standard and if i did will i still be able to get a 90+ atar. and do any of you have any tips on improving English advanced? Much appreciated thanks
HSC 2021? Nice!

Keep in mind THERE IS STILL TIME TO IMPROVE. Middle of Term 1, you should be getting into a flow of study patterns, sleep, and yeah, stuff like that.

Also keep in mind there are many students who want to upgrade to Advanced English on this forum.

In terms of atar, you can get a 90+ atar for ANY COMBINATION of subjects.

Everyone who is asking about atar: do what you'll like and you'll usually do well. If you do well in each of your subjects, you'll get a high atar.

I'll PM you with some more advice.

throwaway2318

HSC
I reckon you should expose yourself to some comprehension and practice it in your free time, because when it comes to Paper One many say the comprehension is "easy marks". With comprehension you'll have to analyse and pick out techniques so maybe that'll help you.
In terms of now, you still have time to improve. Make sure you read your prescribed texts. For my texts I made practice paragraphs on the different themes, and constantly refined them.
So, practice questions/essays, and refine them. Give them to your teacher to mark. Legit everyone says this but there is no easy way out.

skiddys

HSC

DrDawn

HSC
Could someone tell what does advanced english comprise of? Is there any particular areas of study or any texts that will be focused on or does it differ school to school?

DrDawn

HSC
IIRC your mentor did standard Eng? Just be like him.
I'm confused why should I do standard English if DrDusk did it.. I want to do advanced english, my question was regarding what to expect in advanced english

hschelper01

HSC
Because Dusk is a beast.

Props to you 2022 onwards students for figuring your senior schooling out so early, coming round here with the ex-students, 2020's and 2021's.
Very Organised!

On a separate note, when will Drtwilight and Drmidnight come here?
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Drdusk

π
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm confused why should I do standard English if DrDusk did it.. I want to do advanced english, my question was regarding what to expect in advanced english
Do advanced lol. Standard is pretty much an Atar killer for most people unless you do decent in it with great marks in other subjects.

Yes I did Standard, wouldn't recommend it to anyone though....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)