English Extension 1 Tutoring Centres (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
Any recommended eng ext 1 tutoring centres for yr 11?

Doomguard

HSC
I would suggest inquiring into the centres below for whether they teach your Y11 and Y12 Eng Ext Texts:
1. Delta
2. Brain
3. North Shore's Dr Waldron
4. Art of Smart
5. A good private tutor

Hope this helps :)

jkjkjk

HSC
I would suggest inquiring into the centres below for whether they teach your Y11 and Y12 Eng Ext Texts:
1. Delta
2. Brain
3. North Shore's Dr Waldron
4. Art of Smart
5. A good private tutor

Hope this helps :)
Delta's too expensive and in my opinion, its not worth it. Never heard of the second one but ive just checked it out. it seems alright. north shores quite far from where i am and ive checked art of smart before. Ive considered a good private tutor but from experience, i learn better in a classroom environment and tutoring centres often give personalised feedback on school tasks. ive also considered matrix, and talent. does anyone have any other recommendations?

vishnay

HSC
Delta's too expensive and in my opinion, its not worth it. Never heard of the second one but ive just checked it out. it seems alright. north shores quite far from where i am and ive checked art of smart before. Ive considered a good private tutor but from experience, i learn better in a classroom environment and tutoring centres often give personalised feedback on school tasks. ive also considered matrix, and talent. does anyone have any other recommendations?
Firstly, Year 11 doesn't have specified texts so tutoring centres don't teach according to texts, I think Delta does but don't take my word for it and I also think you have to be from a top selective school. Secondly, as a student who's always thrived in a classroom environment myself, I have found English requires individualised attention and private tutoring is often the best for me. Thirdly, But do you learn better in a classroom environment for subjects like maths and science? Because, if you do, I would highly suggest you attend private tutoring as private tutors also give personalised feedback and they can usually accommodate a variety of different students. Lastly, recommendations wise, I suggest you look on this forum for private tutors, there are a TON of really good tutors. Since you're in year 10, you have plenty of time to find a good tutor who will guide you through your senior studies.

beetree1

HSC
Brain is really good!! Try to get chris as your tutor and you'll be set

jkjkjk

HSC
Firstly, Year 11 doesn't have specified texts so tutoring centres don't teach according to texts, I think Delta does but don't take my word for it and I also think you have to be from a top selective school. Secondly, as a student who's always thrived in a classroom environment myself, I have found English requires individualised attention and private tutoring is often the best for me. Thirdly, But do you learn better in a classroom environment for subjects like maths and science? Because, if you do, I would highly suggest you attend private tutoring as private tutors also give personalised feedback and they can usually accommodate a variety of different students. Lastly, recommendations wise, I suggest you look on this forum for private tutors, there are a TON of really good tutors. Since you're in year 10, you have plenty of time to find a good tutor who will guide you through your senior studies.
I'm considering going to both a tutoring centre and getting a private tutor at the same time so I will have a look for private tutors on here but I just wasn't sure about what centre would be the best. But thanks for ur reply :)

1-99

HSC
N/A
For English it's probably best to go to a private tutor

jkjkjk

HSC
For English it's probably best to go to a private tutor
okay so correct me if I'm wrong but imo a private tutor helps u w anything YOU ask them to help u with. they rarely give u or know what to give u themselves without u asking them to because a lot of the time they dont have a structured plan unlike tutoring centres. i'd go to a private tutor for feedback on essays but id prefer learning about analysing things and other stuff in a tutoring centre w someone who has experience teaching at a professional level.

1-99

HSC
N/A
okay so correct me if I'm wrong but imo a private tutor helps u w anything YOU ask them to help u with. they rarely give u or know what to give u themselves without u asking them to because a lot of the time they dont have a structured plan unlike tutoring centres. i'd go to a private tutor for feedback on essays but id prefer learning about analysing things and other stuff in a tutoring centre w someone who has experience teaching at a professional level.
um no not necessarily

english is quite a different subject when it comes to tutoring –the best part about a private, 1-1 tutor is that you can really tailor the lessons to suit your strengths or weaknesses. which imo is ideal for a subject such as english which is less about retaining information, and more about working on developing your own ideas, writing style, knowing your texts inside out, answering the question etc.

if you are keen on doing group tutoring, go somewhere that will do school specific classes. off the top of my head, talent 100 and ace do this – bring your friends and they'll create classes around your texts. could be a good compromise for you!

also i think it's a waste of money going to group tutoring for english AND having a 1-1 tutor – seems kinda redundant.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
When you get to Year 11, I invite you to attend Delta two weeks free of charge with nothing to pay upfront (quote this post) - if you agree to return to this thread and for the benefit of the community, make a reviewed and informed comment about the depth and directedness of the service we offer.

beetree1

HSC
When you get to Year 11, I invite you to attend Delta two weeks free of charge with nothing to pay upfront (quote this post) - if you agree to return to this thread and for the benefit of the community, make a reviewed and informed comment about the depth and directedness of the service we offer.
The Brain Education is better

idkkdi

HSC
lmao if true
"When you get to Year 11, I invite you to attend Delta two weeks free of charge with nothing to pay upfront (quote this post) - if you agree to return to this thread and for the benefit of the community, make a reviewed and informed comment about the depth and directedness of the service we offer."

--- give me two terms free plox

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
"When you get to Year 11, I invite you to attend Delta two weeks free of charge with nothing to pay upfront (quote this post) - if you agree to return to this thread and for the benefit of the community, make a reviewed and informed comment about the depth and directedness of the service we offer."

--- give me two terms free plox
na

dumNerd

HSC
Feeemeto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)