English module C (1 Viewer)

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, in terms of the module C question for ''Educating Rita''. How did you guys interpret the question when it came to ''consequences''? And what themes did you address. I think I answered it wrong :(

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Billy Elliot's consequence of moving into the world is his growth as a dancer. His father, Jackie has a positive change in outlook and accepts his son. His brother does the same and Michael is able to fully express himself in public.
That's for Billy Elliot.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Consequences= Emotional and social barriers that immediately occur. For related and core texr.

However i also said consequences can be overshadowed by 'benefits' and 'rewards' once the individual is able to adapt and connect.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
oooh yeah because I interpreted as more of a barrier and the awards she obtains from overcoming those problems :S

illishaA

HSC
N/A
ugh i was expecting barriers and overcoming them. however i still did manage to flunk out 9 pages. at first i talked about how in order to move into a new word, one must overcome the barriers. then after that i talked about consequences really. a new heightened perspective of the individual's self. other things that rita gets for e.g. are choice, ability to challenge social norms whilst maintaining aspects of individualism and becoming independent. goes on haha. i'd be happy with anythin over 17 for this one though.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
ugh i was expecting barriers and overcoming them. however i still did manage to flunk out 9 pages. at first i talked about how in order to move into a new word, one must overcome the barriers. then after that i talked about consequences really. a new heightened perspective of the individual's self. other things that rita gets for e.g. are choice, ability to challenge social norms whilst maintaining aspects of individualism and becoming independent. goes on haha. i'd be happy with anythin over 17 for this one though.
Same i think i got atleast 17+ for each module!!

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, I pretty much talked about that too. Hopefully the markers are nice !

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I think for the marks you would've had to have done this in each paragraph:
1. Thesis statement relating to the question.
2. Text type and individual you are focusing on that moves "into the world".
3. Outline of their move "into the world".
4. How this made consequences, i.e. rewards and repercussions.
5. Link back to question.

HSC
Yeah I did a similar thing as well in saying there was both negative and positive consequences. I tried to alter my sentence structure so that it wasn't so much referring to barriers but listing some as "temporary" consequences, e.g emotional turmoil "I'm a freak, a half caste..." (but she overcomes these problems and the positive repercussions are greater then the negative) and how her husband did not agree. Then also went on how Frank lost his job but the "positive" consequences was that he has a chance of a new life, etc in Aus...

LachyLane

HSC
The question was practically the same as the catholic trial question? Anyone notice both of them were about "consequences"? Basically it was a breeze. For Rita, i spoke about the consequence of leaving her husband (Deny), which made her more independent as a woman. But also, i discussed how through the play when she changes her voice, this would be a bad consequence, showing elements of pretentiousness. Although as a consequence of Rita being enlightened more and more, with Frank's thoughts, she was able to see through others pretentious (her friend Trish) and became more aware of others influence on her. Thus, that consequence led to her enlightenment and a changed woman :)

Btw, does anyone have the Paper 2 modules paper? I found Paper 1 on a thread, and i want paper 2!!! Just to add to my "burn pile" after the final exam .

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Btw, does anyone have the Paper 2 modules paper? I found Paper 1 on a thread, and i want paper 2!!! Just to add to my "burn pile" after the final exam .
I had it, but the Advanced teacher stopped me and asked if I had it and then I realised I didn't really want it. So, I gave it to him. Soz brah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)