English Paper 1 Essay Question (1 Viewer)

hadrew

HSC
So I'm doing Peter Skrzynecki for my belonging core text, but the problem is if they ask a question on individuals or understanding, one of my core and related text doesn't really fit that idea. How could you fit "individual" or "understanding" for 10 Mary Street?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
He's an individual going about his daily life, experiencing his sense of disaffiliation and disillusionment with place. You could link it back into place.

dijanabatt

HSC
I am currently completing an english speech on Peter Skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicles and must decide on two of his poems and one related text. Specifically, the notification asks us to 'Discuss the extent to which your prescribed text and ONE related text support this idea. You must explore the entire selection of Skrzynecki’s poetry with reference to his need to belong. Choose TWO specific poems to explore in depth.' The quote I have chosen to relate to my speech is “Our bodies know they belong; it is our minds that make our lives so homeless” (John O’Donohue). I have decided on the two poems St Patrick's College and Post Card and am completely stuck on developing a thesis which is relative to the chosen quote and both poems. If you could possible help me through providing thesis ideas, specifically relative to the themes of identity and barriers it would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)