English Subjects compared. (1 Viewer)

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Curious to know how well all the English Subjects scale, because all the other forum posts I've seen of this is years old. I've heard that obtaining a Band 6 in English Standard is way harder than getting a Band 6 in Advanced, is this still true?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of going from Advanced to Standard? And similarly, Extension to Advanced.

Thanks.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Curious to know how well all the English Subjects scale, because all the other forum posts I've seen of this is years old. I've heard that obtaining a Band 6 in English Standard is way harder than getting a Band 6 in Advanced, is this still true?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of going from Advanced to Standard? And similarly, Extension to Advanced.

Thanks.
the only reason it's probably harder to get a band 6 in standard is because standard students are usually 'not very competent in English', so the work is quite difficult for them? Correct me if i'm wrong!

SplashJuice

HSC
English Standard and Advanced are the same thing but Advanced has Shakespeare, that's pretty much the only difference I can see.

Also you joined in 2012 and your last message was in 2013.. lmao?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
the only reason it's probably harder to get a band 6 in standard is because standard students are usually 'not very competent in English', so the work is quite difficult for them? Correct me if i'm wrong!
I’m also taking guesses here but it may not be fully to do with the fact that the course is ‘difficult’ for students who aren’t competent in English. There’s also the probability that many students do quite well, and because the data of the students scores are reasonably evenly distributed, there may be the higher ranged students getting B6 and the mediocre students being put in B4-5 etc.

Again I’m just making guesses here but idk

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I’m also taking guesses here but it may not be fully to do with the fact that the course is ‘difficult’ for students who aren’t competent in English. There’s also the probability that many students do quite well, and because the data of the students scores are reasonably evenly distributed, there may be the higher ranged students getting B6 and the mediocre students being put in B4-5 etc.

Again I’m just making guesses here but idk
ah i see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)