English Techniques (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

just though I would start a thread outliningpossible techniques for the english task and more importantly possible links to the journey/ they're purpose in reference to journey

For starters:

Enjambment: the flow of one line into the next over a stanzawithout a break. This highlights the constant flow of ideas, feelings and memories. movement of emotion. highlights the freedom of the journey and its fluidity.

Please continue so we can make a bank of them....

the_essence

HSC
Connotation: a word that 'suggests' and/or makes associations with something else. Often linked to tone/ attitude towards the journey

Allegory: where a story/situation is symbolic of another story. Eg. Peter Skrzynecki's Crossing the red sea sets up an allegorical link to the biblical story of Exodus

Juxtaposition: Placing two different images/ideas side by side to highlight their similarities/ differences

Pun: a play on words with double meaning

Narrative technique i.e 1st, 2nd, 3rd person influences the impression of the journey the responder is left with

A l

HSC
N/A
the_essence said:
Connotation: a word that 'suggests' and/or makes associations with something else.
I think you're a bit inaccurate with this one. A connotation is NOT the word itself, it is the additional or secondary MEANING associated with a word. Therefore, it is more of an effect of a technique rather than a technique on its own.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Metaphor: A type of image where something is said to be something else.

Satire: Poke fun at something for the purpose of criticising or denigrating it.

Tone: Overall mood or attitude. Good indicator of the author's purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)