Enjambement (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Just wondering, but does enjambement only apply for poetry or can it apply for say an article?

Lori.

HSC
Lyrics can be seen as poetry, only that they're accompanied by music, but I dont think that enjambment in poems is the same as the continuum of lines in lyrics - i dont think its supposed to have the same effect

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Enjambment is basically when you don't
finish off a clause/sentence in one line and finish
it off in a later line (usually the next line) just like
I've done three times in this sentence.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Enjambement can apply to poetry and to some lyrics.

It is a technique utilised by the composer whereby they basically break the phrase, clause or sentence.

It is not merely enough to know what a technique is and just name drop it into an essay like a bad smell. You need to know what the technique does in terms of its effect, and why composers use it and how it relates to a journey.

The effect of enjambement is usually to create a certain rhythm to the poem or phrase. Essentially it is a very sophisitcated technique. The utilisation of it by composers can indicate a smooth journey (ie, a steady rhythm - same amount of syllables in each line) or a rough journey (sporadic rhythm with an unpredicatble amount of syllables - a good example is Atwoods Journey to the Interior)

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)