enrolling in tutorials (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
okay, my confusion is: Are we automatically assigned our tutorials and they're already on our timetable? or do we have to enrol ourselves in tutorials? Because, all my cousins and friends went to unis other than usyd, and they had to enrol in their tutorials. Is it the same for Usyd? And, from what mum tells me, for the other unis, if you don't enrol in tutes early, then you won't be able to get a place in one, or something to that effect. Please help clear this up. So, do i have to enrol myself in tutes, or are they already arranged? Oh, and mum's biting my head off on this, so i'd like to give her some solid info.

thanksss

edit: i'm under the impression that our tutes are already chosen for us, so correct me if i'm wrong.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
When you generate your timetable, you are automatically allocated to tutes. However, you can get the timetable system to reallocate your tutes by nominating a certain day or period during which you don't want any classes. It can take a bit of luck and/or strategy to get it to give you exactly the ones you want.

The upside to this otherwise absurdly outdated system is that you don't have the problem of all the good tutes filling up quickly and people who get in late being forced to have all their tutes at 6pm.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Yeah you don't enrol in tutes - your timetable will allocate you a tutorial, although it is often possible to change it for your convenience. Usyd is annoying though - no timetables until o-week :(

EDIT: got beaten :(

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
webby234 said:
no timetables until o-week :(
In that booklet thing that came with the confirmation of enrolment it says that timetables come out around the 20th, which is a week before o-week (and is also next wednesday). I find it hard to believe that the timetable unit and the student centre could be that efficient, but miracles do happen.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
from what i remember in the past, the timetables have been available before oweek (despite the widespread advertising that they appear on that oweek wednesday), but i can't remember how much earlier... it would be great if it was next wednesday, now to wait and see....

webby234

HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
In that booklet thing that came with the confirmation of enrolment it says that timetables come out around the 20th, which is a week before o-week (and is also next wednesday). I find it hard to believe that the timetable unit and the student centre could be that efficient, but miracles do happen.
Ok i should have read that more carefully :p. I just saw it said o-week on the wednesday, but now i think about it it must have been earlier last year because i think went in and got my timetable changed on the monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)