Enrollment day: random question (1 Viewer)

frootloop

HSC
Enrolment day: random question

Am I going to be the only one that rocks up to enroll with my parent with me? :confused:

Is anybody else bringing their 'rent(s) along?

I'm worried that my future course-mates are going to think I'm a total loser.

Me: Hi!
Them: 'Pft, can't even enroll into uni on her own.' :rofl:

Ha ha... this is probably a dumb question, eh? Well, I'm bored so leave me alone! ;)

Last edited:

cimbom

HSC
I think you'll probably see it- there were heaps of parents with kids on open/info days... at usyd.

SeDaTeD

HSC
I hardly saw any when I enrolled. But I guess people won't even remember anyway.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm my parents are the ones with the money, and im paying upfront, so i guess i'll have to bring one of them along....

Generator

HSC
N/A
A number of people had a mum or a dad (or another relative) with them back when I enrolled, but most of us were on our own.

There's nothing wrong with taking your mum and/or dad along for the day - it seems as though most first years are lucky enough to have their mum and/or dad provide the dosh for their fees, so it's to be expected that some parents would want to be there in order to provide a personal cheque (written on the spot) or credit card when required.

HSC
I don't really wanna be by myself for the two hour train ride and i've been to sydney like three times and ahem something would be sure to go wrong - everything that can go wrong, will go wrong with me. So prettysure I'll be bringing mummy. And there's nothing wrong with that ok...:rolleyes: :eek:

frootloop

HSC
archangel leila said:
I don't really wanna be by myself for the two hour train ride and i've been to sydney like three times and ahem something would be sure to go wrong - everything that can go wrong, will go wrong with me. So prettysure I'll be bringing mummy. And there's nothing wrong with that ok...:rolleyes: :eek:
Yay. :)

jessied

HSC
I'll briging mum, dad and my sister. Gez, I'll get some strange looks.. This is only because it's an 7.5 hour drive to Sydney from home and I didn't really wanna drive down by myself..

envy87

HSC
some ppl brought along their parents...(i just rang my mum towards the end and asked her to come so she could pay my course fees upfront with her credit card)

HSC
My mummy is is England and my Daddy will be at work, so I can't bring either of them...but I'm so scared Im going to forget something ;_;

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Aw, you guys are cute.

You're absolutley right, if you're one of the lucky ones that get their HECS paid up front you'll have to bring one of the aforementioned mummies or daddies along to pay, as you won't know the final amount until they tell you there. You could bring a blank cheque, but its risky.

I brought my mum and sister along that day and no-one cared/knew. Go the mummies and daddies!! :)

tennille

HSC
frootloop said:
Am I going to be the only one that rocks up to enroll with my parent with me? :confused:

Is anybody else bringing their 'rent(s) along?

I'm worried that my future course-mates are going to think I'm a total loser.

Me: Hi!
Them: 'Pft, can't even enroll into uni on her own.' :rofl:

Ha ha... this is probably a dumb question, eh? Well, I'm bored so leave me alone! ;)
My mummy accompanied me during enrolment to pay the union fees with her credit card :). No one will remember, anyway. :)

munchymoocow

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
Aw, you guys are cute.

You're absolutley right, if you're one of the lucky ones that get their HECS paid up front you'll have to bring one of the aforementioned mummies or daddies along to pay, as you won't know the final amount until they tell you there. You could bring a blank cheque, but its risky.

I brought my mum and sister along that day and no-one cared/knew. Go the mummies and daddies!! :)
Bringing a blank cheque isn't all that risky. Just make sure before you leave home that the cheque is already made out to the University of Sydney and the not-negotiable strokes made across it.

Lainee

HSC
I seem to remember a thread started last year with exactly the same topic raised. :) And yes, my parents came along with me because I was too nervous about standing around by myself. :p At the time, I didn't think I knew anyone who was doing the same course but ended up finding a bunch of people I knew.

My rationale was: at least, if I didn't end up finding anyone to buddy up with, I was alone during the grueling enrollment day.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
totally
she can stand in the money queue whilst i line up in the cool queue
assuming there is one :confused:
otherwise i wouldnt take her
she will no doubt annoy the shit out of me

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
munchymoocow said:
Bringing a blank cheque isn't all that risky. Just make sure before you leave home that the cheque is already made out to the University of Sydney and the not-negotiable strokes made across it.

ahhh, i think i may just do that then. And of course dont forget to have the cheque signed.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I brought my Mum with me and it was fine. Everyone seemed to be with a parent or older sis/bro. I saw one or two at the "subject picking" table who were on their own but nobody sniggers if you bring your parents or anything.

franklin265

HSC
oi.

i'm taking my dad with me. he's gotta pay and whatnot. i'll be lost as if there are not parentals.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i would bring my mummy if she wasnt gone for 10 days :mad:

im going by myself then i have a concert that night so all day in city for me, but if i get like stuff i cant put anywhere i guess im going to have to rush home by train and then rush back to the city :mad: concert doors open at 8 and then enrolment is supposed to finish at 4 or 5 so should be enough time.

Libbster

HSC
I'm taking my mum, dad and brother because we live 2.5 hrs away and my parents are the ones who have the moolah, as I have none :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)