Entertainment... Lame (1 Viewer)

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
maybe the multicore thing is used for many things, at my school when we did assemblies and stuff, we used a multicore which was a really big cable that connected heaps of microphones into the mixing desk. Well it seems we all get shitty teachers, if i dont get at least a band 5 im going to bitch to the board of studies about it.

johns7596

HSC
yeah, i think they should scrap the course. it was the biggest waste of time ever. not a single qualified teacher all year, pretending to sound like they know something about the entertainment industry.
They should deffinately scrap the course in reginal areas, our whole class had to do work experience at the same place because there was no where else to do it unless we travelled to the cities.

shit exams compared to past years

silent_albert

HSC
hey guys!

the new syllabus sucks someting shocking.... what about all the technical stuff were actually sposed to be learning? and yeah ur right, a multicore is a massive cable with multiple little cables inside, so in the diagram it would be used to connect all the inputs (microphones, cd player) to the sound desk

and apparently for the diabetes question the answer was to move them, but (likemost of the questions) it was explained really badly and needed more info

anyone got ant ideas about the mc answer for the reef knot and its use?

rock_steady

bring it on!!!!
HSC
Nope. I forget, but were we meant to have known what knots were used?!!? We never learnt knots...

My teachers didnt teach me anything BUT im auditioning for thier proper course next year at tafe (musical theatre) so they are nice i guess... another year with them. dang.

leeha

HSC
has everyone got their certificates? i dont know when/where we get ours...i bet our teacher hasnt even put anything in to get them haha

wynnedoze

HSC
leeha said:
whats a multicore? mind blank and a half
Isn't it just a cable that combines several leads into one? We use one for our mics. We have 12 chanels right, and each chanel has a separate lead, but as soon as the leads come out of the board, they are all bundled up in to one. The leads are still separate, its just that they are held together as one cable. I've also seen one used for lights.

Anyway...does anyone know how to get involved with this stuff without doing a crap board of studies course or paying about $2500 to do a good course out of school? Did anyone get work experience with a theatre in Sydney?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)