Entry into Medicine (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
So I am 22, currently studying a Diploma of Science and will finish half way through next year. I'd love to get undergraduate entry to Medicine in 2020. I was just wondering would they still go off my ATAR or would they go off my marks from my Diploma?

And yes, I know I would need to do UMAT and ace it as well.

typingtimtam

HSC
I believe it to be possible, although is very difficult and competitive. But a friend of mine completed a Diploma in Business, aced UMAT and is now in the JMP program. I'd consider reading into the programs you're looking at, as I know only some take non-school leavers and only some will take marks from a Diploma. Best of luck though!

MSPTeam

HSC
N/A
If you are really serious about studying medicine you need to maximise your chances....
What does that mean?
1) Doing an undergrad degree
2) Doing GAMSAT and UMAT
3) Working on portfolio activities and also gaining life experience in order to perform well in portfolio and interview.
4) Apply EVERYWHERE.

If you limit your chances - you will make it very hard on yourself to get in. If you maximise your chances and you are prepared to get rejected a few times and you can overcome this and still be motivated to apply then you will get there!! If not in 1 year but definitely down the track!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)