escapism (1 Viewer)

ROOOTI

okay, if u people can asnwer this q, it wud be interesting and a great help

why do you want to sleep? why do you like to sleep(other than it being natural behav or feeling tired), what r the reasons??

this wud kinda help me with my diary entry i need to do
oki cheers ;p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hah..!sleep...!is what i should be doing now but i cbf'd...
im a night person...

anyway i dont think that's answering your questions...

well, from a very weird, non0scientific perspective, i think its because the human soul needs to rest, not the body, but the soul. we need dreams and sleep to gather our thoughts about what has happened through the day. and dreams help create our imagination i reckon...i have this weird 'theory' that you know when you get deja vu? it could be cos its similar to something you've dreamt about (well maybe its not *my* theory but its what i believe)

as for liking or wanting to sleep (omg i dunno why but i feel like im answering an english question...must refer to the question...use topic sentences...argh!!) umm i spose cos it give us a break from reality (i know duh) but like our imagination is allowed to run ffree, we don't have to think logically or naturally about our life (or rationally), we just dream, we don't think, well that's why i like sleeping anyway - cos of the dreams.

i hope that helps u...!

Will

HSC
N/A
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE WHO DO ART

1. Art Faggots
2. Guys Just Trying To Hit On Art Chicks
3. Art Chicks

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE ART FAGGOTS, THEY JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS AND THEY'LL FUCK YOU OVER WITH THEIR BIG ASS PAINT BRUSH THINGS

ROOOTI

lol JOHNSON,..@ the refering to the question,,, hehehe.
hmm, you deserve a.... 10 and a sticker for that answer.. lool.. or wud you prefer the "BIG ASS PAINT BRUSH " (cough)...

anyways,,, yeah i agree, i have myown adapted lil theory, that humankind are users of sleep in that one of the main reasons is that we long to be back in that warm womb like place - were ur "dumb" to the world.... in my major, it also portrays, how when you wake up , its like a betrayal of a harsh birth.. you wish u didnt wake up, and that "sleep" has betrayed you.. but i guess for sum sleep wud not be wanted, as when they sleep they are confronted with their fears.. the whole sleep is deaths twin brother thingi.. hmmm

anyways thAnk u lil man
cheers ;)
:D

oh yeah,, willy boy.. mate your entitled to ur opinion surely enough, but you sound like a real pelican!.. grow up u sound like ur going through the whole I AM MAN,, I AM HUNTER BS

roo

HSC
Originally posted by Will

1. Art Faggots
3. Art Chicks

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE ART FAGGOTS, THEY JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS AND THEY'LL FUCK YOU OVER WITH THEIR BIG ASS PAINT BRUSH THINGS
wtf!?

wooow johnson, ur so eloquent! i agree with u, but there is always an argument against.. tee hee.. im bored..

the soul needing rest and escape from reality.. is this true for every person? i mean, for the guilty-minded, hiding secrets or whatever, sleeping/dreaming can just reinforce their guilt through nightmares.

"we need dreams and sleep to gather our thoughts about what has happened through the day." - but isnt gathering our thoughts during the day not escaping reality? i remember going through a depression stage once in my life and all i could think about was the negative aspects of what happened which resulted in no sleep in a looong time..

hmm i'll shuddup now, one more exam to go WOO HOO

Will

HSC
N/A
YEHA JOHNSON U DA MAN
ROAR YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU OWN ME!!! HAVE MY BIG ASS PAINT BRUSH

hehe i quite like that "I AM MAN. I AM HUNTER"
mind if I use it

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh i guess i kinda condraticed myself there...the gathering thoughts about day bit...

well maybe, or at least what i spose i do, is those minutes, which can sometimes turn into sleepless hours, before we go to sleep, we sort of run things over in our head. i dont know if it happens to you guys, but when i think of stuff that's happened during the day i tend to dream about them when i sleep. like once in year 10 or something, aaaages ago, i was atching days of our lives (taped) just before i went to bed and bo and hope and stefano were all lost in a sewerage (sp?) system thing. and i remember thinking how 'exciting' that was, that my life was as exciting as that,,and that night i remember dreaming that _I_ was in the parisian sewerage system doing something exciting or something like that..

i also sort of dreamt the 'apocalypse' a few weeks ago. it was a reeeally vivd dream. like it was really banal at first, we were all sitting in the library, and tina, one of my friends, was in a wheelchair (cos her father the minister got busted for drugs (???)...made no bloody sense at all but it did in my dream...so yeh i think that dreams don't try to make sense of your reality, but rather your imagination fucks with reality and you get a twisted version of reality? like has *bits* of reality but also a lot of fuction...i dunno) annnyway so we were in the library and tina wanted to go to maths, so we went, and our maths teacher was teaching us some boring maths, then tim told her to shut up cos there was this huge cyclone coming towards us (out the window), then this cyclone turned into a flood....

and before we knew it all these safari animals from africa were flooding past us , and then WE started to get dragged into the flood. i remember going next door and hearing kat say "oh my god its the apocalyspe". and then we travelled along in this flood for a long time, and eventually we arrived at some snowy place...like it was friggin cold and snowy, and the classroom we had travelled in had turned into a train carriage.

and then i woke up, and in my fucked-uppedness due to such a weird dream i remember thinking, wow, god is so smart...he's displacing us from our normal climatic regions so that we die, cos we were in some snowy place with no warm clothing, and all the african animals were in carlingford...i realised latert that that made NO fuCKING SENSE!~!

anyway that was the end of my long dream. i jsut had to write it down somewhere. its the most realistic dream ive ever had...ive woken up a few times thinking im hearing flood noises...:eek:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC

1. Art Faggots
3. Art Chicks

1. why say faggot? why not fucken dirty poofter? grow up.
2. so is this the reason you did art for five years? grow up.
3. grow up.

roo

HSC
haha what a funny dream! well not funny funny, just yaah.. anywayy

i haven't had a realistic dream in sooo long! i think the last one i had was after i had a fight with my best friend and then i dreamt about missing him and being with him, like it was a sign!? uhh i hate cryptic dreams.. hell dreams are epitome of cryptic-ness..

umm.. do u watch days of our lives? and u TAPE it..?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hahaa!!!! no i used to...this was when i had this strange soapie addiction...but every now and again i watch it...mainly to laugh at it though. like passions. and young and the restless. and bold. they're all just so unbelievably stupid and ridiculous and conceited. haha

but yes it was a reeeealy strange dream, i think i'll be scarred for life...
yeh i agree dreams are so full of strange messages that we're sposed to get, and most of the time i'm too stupid to realise them.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC

1. Art Faggots
3. Art Chicks

THERE IS ONE TYPE OF PERSON WHO KEEPS AN ONLINE JOURNAL WITH PHOTOS OF THEMSELF LOOKIN LIKE A PRETTY-BOY PREFECT:

1. Will.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE ONLINE JOURNAL FUCKERS, THEY JUST WANT TO WASTE ALL THEIR TIME PUSHIN HOW GOOD THEY ARE ON THE WHOLE WIDE INTERNET-CONNECTED WORLD (hey keep doin it, people are obviously interedted! well worth the effort!) AND THEY'LL FUCK YOU OVER WITH THEIR BIG ASS WASTE OF BANDWIDTH.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmmm... sleep.

usually just of need for physical rest, but dreams are weird -- i reckon they're just your brain's way of making sense of what happened in the past day -- often characters/things/events that i hadn't given much though or emphasis -- minor stuff in the day -- have big roles on dreams. can't think of anything for that, but, well, dreams are weird. the last one i had i was in an aeroplane and it exploded -- but i just kept going forward as if nothing happened. odd.

i have a freind who tells me that he can realise he's in a dream and then do what he wants -- fly, go to places, etc etc -- i don't reckon he can but i thought it was worth noting.

roo

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
hahaa!!!! no i used to...this was when i had this strange soapie addiction...but every now and again i watch it...mainly to laugh at it though. like passions. and young and the restless. and bold. they're all just so unbelievably stupid and ridiculous and conceited. haha
omg passions is the best show!! HAHAHA.. i watch it whenever i can! :D

Will

HSC
N/A
ah shit no need to get so rude
i was just trying to stir some shit sorry :(
i'm an arty fart myself (well.. was)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
well in return to that i wasnt feeling so good either @ time of post, just finished dodgy chem assesment.

apologies. :(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery

THERE IS ONE TYPE OF PERSON WHO KEEPS AN ONLINE JOURNAL WITH PHOTOS OF THEMSELF LOOKIN LIKE A PRETTY-BOY PREFECT:

1. Will.

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE ONLINE JOURNAL FUCKERS, THEY JUST WANT TO WASTE ALL THEIR TIME PUSHIN HOW GOOD THEY ARE ON THE WHOLE WIDE INTERNET-CONNECTED WORLD (hey keep doin it, people are obviously interedted! well worth the effort!) AND THEY'LL FUCK YOU OVER WITH THEIR BIG ASS WASTE OF BANDWIDTH.
MWAHAHAHA!!!!

what a cack!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i knew you'd like that one :D
yeh, well willy sorry i over-reacted a bit that day...just a little pissed i guess. ;)

spce girl

I slept very much. But it is my happiness. My sleep time is from ten hours to fifteen hours. I woke up about noon everyday. I wanted to sleep for two more hours. But I had to go to juku. When I come home, I went to bed immediately. I like "goro-goro" in bed. I am the happiest in a day. And I like to watch "dream",too. Dreams are very mysterious. Because I sleep many times. That's why I like to sleep very much.

dissonance

I haven't had a realistic dream in ages either. However the last one I had was seriously satanic and I remember waking up and being truley disgusted at myself for dreaming what I did. Maybe my mind was trying to show me I had a repressed evil side to my personality or somethin...wierd shit, I'm gunna stop thinkin about it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)