Essay questions (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone post essay questions for any of the topics that they have been given as assessments?
I'm tryin to gather as many different ones as I can

Alex

Ok here was my last assessment task, I got me a 14/20 which was pretty much average in my school.

---------------------------------------------------------

'Discuss the impact of rising inflation on employment and economic growth in Australia'

---------------------------------------------------------

Obviously you'd need to know Australia's current economic condition. I lost a fair few marks because I didn't splurge out on the stats like they wanted. ARGH............ If you talked all about theory, the phillips curve, etc they would have given you a worse mark than if you simply stated Australia's current economic condition in relation to the current inflation which is in the upper half of the RBA's 2-3% band.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
oh crap, so approached the question wrong?
anyway thanks for the question

my last one was in my half-yearly:
"Briefly explain the key economic issues that impact on the Australian economy. Select ONE of these issues and explain the causes of the problem, the govt's response and how effective that response(s) has been"

it was pretty easy and i got 18/20

Alex

Yeah, you were given options to what you knew well. In ours it was already pre-determined and if you knew nothing you went better. (All the people who thought they went badly referred to media articles and statistics and the people who actually went badly where the ones who used theory...ARGH.....).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well im sure in the HSC, the extended responses would require a balance of both, but im thinking mostly theory with some examples (statistics) to back up the theory

Striker

Originally posted by MinAi
well im sure in the HSC, the extended responses would require a balance of both, but im thinking mostly theory with some examples (statistics) to back up the theory
hmm.. i beg to differ. i think the hsc will require mostly current issues such as newpapers articles and statistics!

but i guess we won't know until the test day!

we get an essay question every week for eco! it's up to us if we decide to do it! :p our teacher then marks it, takes bits and pieces from people's essays which she thinks is really good and shows us. and she also writes the essay herself to show us what a band 6 answer would be like! she marks the hsc and is a hsc help line teacher, you know the phone in hsc help program.

she also mentioned to us, that you are required to mention statistics and other stuff other than just theory. and that you can get the latest statistics from the hsc helpline!

sif not 99

striker,
I will be using the theory as the basis for my response to the question and use statistics and whatever else as part of the argument or tact I will take in the essay. The theory is the basis and the stats back up ur argument and help u get into band 6.

Striker

hmm.. k then...

i'm kinda lost when it comes to this subject. it's my least favourite of all my other subjects, i think maths is better...

but i still manage to get tops marks in eco!! :p i find it kinda boring at times mainly cuz my eco classes are scheduled towards the end of the day and by that time, i've taken in usually business, legal, english or math!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Striker

hmm.. i beg to differ. i think the hsc will require mostly current issues such as newpapers articles and statistics!
well, not really require it, but u need to use it
if u have a look at last yr's exam, the extended-response in particular, u'll see both a narrow and a broad type question. Basically, u are given the chance to demonstrate ur economic knowledge through these questions, and how much current issues/stats/etc u wish to use is entirely up to u. But for band6 results, u need to have a sound knowledge of the theory behind the question, and use relevant statistics intelligently to help back-up ur essay

It's generally not a question asking something like "Discuss the recent government decision to scrap fiscal policy to achieve external stability"

but anyway, ur lucky Striker, having an HSC marker/helpliner as ur teacher!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Sif not 99, the purpose of this site is to facilitate note-trading between all students - it would be great if you could send your questions to myself or one of the other admins rather than having students contact you directly. =)

Striker

Originally posted by MinAi

but anyway, ur lucky Striker, having an HSC marker/helpliner as ur teacher!
yeah i know! she's cool! she mentioned to us that some guy from an exclusive private school wrote 21 exam book pages for his econmics essay! he reached the higher end of band 6!

i think from the beginning of year 11 to now, i managed to move from about lower band 4 to lower band 6. i've been slacking off for the past term so i will have to work to reach the high end of band 6!! :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
21 pages wow....
that beats our dux last yr, he wrote 16 pages and 19 pages for his 2 essays in the exam, and he ended up getting 98 for economics!

i think im low band6 currently
but i aint brilliant so i dunno if high band6 is reachable for me

jessica

hmm, I forget the actual wording of the essay questions we had, but they had to do with economic growth, unemployment and inflation.
I do however know that I got 16/20 for it! Which was third in my class (the average was around 10) ... I just felt like sharing that bit of info... Im still heaps happy with mark! :D
And as soon as I find my question sheet Ill post the the choice of questions we had up.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
cool =)

also wen u get ur trials, post it up here if u can
or just post the essay q's

ice_cream

hmmm...here was my in class essay...but not assessment
"what is microeconomic policy?"
"analyse how microeconomic policies complement macroeconomic policies"
this it was something like that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)