Essential Items for ANU (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Apart from dosh, what kind of things should one be hoarding at the moment? e.g. bike???

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'm going to live on campus.

You need a bike. I'm also bringing my car (because I'll need to go home for stuff every now and then). Utensils, cuttlery, plates, dishes, cookbooks, linen, toiletries, a stack of resumes (so you can apply for jobs ASAP, I hear YA+RA is barely enough), a laptop that I can use in my room, that sort of thing. Oh and bring your pens and lecture pads etc from home, once you're poor, even a 60c pen will matter :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If I go, I'll be on my own.

Parents are telling me everything I own is actually theirs. (They'll be difficult, throughout the last few years, I've been kicked out for weeks at a time, and they've lawyerd up and denied even letting me have access to clothes). Difficult people.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The Family Law Act (or at least some judgement from the FmCA) sort of makes sure they have to support you up until you're 21 (if you go to tertiary education), from memory anyway. You could always apply for independent youth allowance if they're really shit...?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
The Family Law Act (or at least some judgement from the FmCA) sort of makes sure they have to support you up until you're 21 (if you go to tertiary education), from memory anyway. You could always apply for independent youth allowance if they're really shit...?
They claimed I gave them my keys voluntarily each time I "left", therefore I wasn't covered.

And yeah, that's my plan, as well as working my guts out now - it's stuff like my computer (which I paid for in part) and other stuff like clothes that I'm worried about :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Throw them into the back of a car and run for it.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
a stick, to hit idiots with. I plan to bring several.
My parents are 'going to buy me a car' which actually means they promise but won't actually do.

Callistogenic

HSC
Sense of humour. :p
'Homey' things (pictures, family items, etc.)
An MSN account. :p

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i hear condoms are handy.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, bring some frangers. I hope the chicks at ANU go off :p

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Dont bring school related clothing ie year 12 jumpers, first years wearing these piss me off. Escpecially people from shithouse GPS schools like kings and joeys.

Dont bring a bike if you cant ride it, too many people ride around on a completley wrong sized, ill maintained bikes and it looks rediculous, and wrecks the bike. Most people probably dont care about this one, but as a bike nut i do!!

Oh and bring swimmers its bloody hot in feburary/march!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
cheesegrater said:
Dont bring school related clothing ie year 12 jumpers, first years wearing these piss me off. Escpecially people from shithouse GPS schools like kings and joeys.

Dont bring a bike if you cant ride it, too many people ride around on a completley wrong sized, ill maintained bikes and it looks rediculous, and wrecks the bike. Most people probably dont care about this one, but as a bike nut i do!!

Oh and bring swimmers its bloody hot in feburary/march!
But where to swim? The Lake? :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
Yeah, bring some frangers. I hope the chicks at ANU go off :p
Asians.

Screw having a mix :p

i could really exploit my parents (in that they beg me to let them support me) but i dont......that would be mean!
Just because you won't admit to doing it, doesn't mean you don't :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I want to keep the race pure. Europeans only :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Pfft, you really want to have my children don't you :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ziff what hall/college will you be living in?

I worked it out and YA+RA is something like $50 short even if you are tight as.

Laptop, bike, car, utensils, as much stuff as you can 'borrow' from your parents, a tv, toiletries, printer, big hard drive for whoring things off the p2p network :p , maybe a mircowave and bar fridge (though I hear the uni accomodation doesn't like people using them in their rooms.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
B&G or Fenner, whichever one accepts me. Does anyone know when the accommodation stuff starts being sent out or is that after the UAIs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)