estimated mark for ext 2 people for extension 1 paper (1 Viewer)

how did ext2 student go in ext 1 paper

• <50

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 50~60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60~65

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 65~70

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 70~75

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 75~80

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 80~85

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 85~90

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 90~95

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • 95~100

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

ash_s137

I don't think it does for english, I think the courses are so distinctly different that the same theory is not put in practise...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
really?

I thought that you could. I thought that it is the new extension 'add-on' approach of the new HSC that allows you to top any level below yours.

I know that when I did 3unit music under the old HSC, I came 3rd in 2unit but 10th overall in 3unit, which meant that I received the 3unit ramking. Someone I know did extension 1 music (equivalent to 3unit music) last year and topped only the Music 2 portion.

hmmm...perhaps it does differ for different subjects

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm not sure about the whole state thing

but thats how our school does it....say u come 2nd in 3u, but u do 4u, and another person gets 3rd in 3u, but does 2u...the 4u person cannot get the 2nd prize, because they do 4u...so the 2u person ranked 3rd gets the 2nd prize

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I doubt that the Board actually enforces that rule.

It's not uncommon for a LOTE student to top both the continuers and the extension course (which happened 5 times last year).

Also, both students who topped 2u maths last year were listed on the honour roll for 3u maths, so they must have taken it.

ash_s137

I might be wrong then, I'm just regurgitating what I've been told. Besides a mark of 82/84 I think wouldn't be sufficient for that test, I think you'd need full marks, it was a pretty simple paper i thought.

ske

ey ash...speekin of tha bloodi tg room medal i agree man..iz a biatch and a half tryna get it..i walked outta tha 4u exam thinkin i got 118...and an hour later i ended up counting about 20 or so marks worth of silli ass mistakes..the test itself wasnt "hard" compared to otha years but the time factor iz what made me speed thru it..the questions were very doable but mistakes like bloodi subbing in wrong got the better of me...but yeah i rekkon david chan will get the tg room thingi..coz he's a genius..he's on 120 at the moment...so yeah..its gonna be hard toppin that...eh..bloodi grammar ppl!..so smart ><...yeah n i hope u can top 3u if u do 4u..othawise it was semi pointless revising for 3u..coz u need all the 3u crap in 4u newaiz...and how do internals affect ur mark?..like say im 4th internally..but somehow i end up with 84 externally..theres like no chance in toppin the state rite?..coz do u hafta be ranked 1 in internals?...

eh..speculations a bitch...im glad theres onli phys n chem 2go :p and then ill be rollin out the weed...

utopian731

Eudaimonian
You guys worrying about medals and "oh, boohoo, i only got 97",
i mean come on, get a life, you must be sooooooo stupid if thats *all* you got. The top hsc mark in 4u is usually 118-120, so i think it might be out of the question
time to end this life now

blah

Either:
a) you have natural talent but have decided to measure its worth based on some stupid exam in the hs-bloody-c
b) have obviously studied too much

jus chill :p

kaseita

only one person in 4u history has ever gotten 120/120 :p
I wouldn't be surprised if someone did get it this year though

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i think that person is Lit Hau "25unit" Tan or i might be wrong corret me if i'm wrong.

gman

HSC
someone's bound to get 120/120 in 4u. theres like 2 or 3 poeple who went to the international maths olympiad (IMO) doing it this year.....so like some of the best maths minds in our country are doing this paper. i wouldnt be surprised if there were 2 or 3 people getting 120/120 this year.

nakata

i doubt there will be any 4U students getting 100%, there hasnt been one for ages i think, purely due to the fact that the 4U test isnt made to be completed i guess. But since this test didnt test everything, i guess it is still possible...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)