Estimated mark Help (1 Viewer)

shaffy33

HSC
Hey guys, I just graduated today! I also received my final school reports with my final internal mark and rank in it.
I was wondering whether you anyone would be able to help me with my ATAR estimated mark, I really want an ATAR above 77.
My school is ranked like 89th in the state as well.
Subjects:-
Business Studies:- 60/100 Rank:- 64/114
Economics:- 72/100 Rank:- 9/17
Legal Studies:- 65/100 Rank:- 78/88
Maths Standard 2:- 63/100 Rank:- 82/146
Standard English:- 61/100 Rank:- 61/124

I am above average in all my subjects except Legal Studies.
Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

HSC
N/A
I don't want to be pessimistic, but I don't think you're able to get 77 with these internal marks and ranks.

Still, internals aren't everything, there is still the HSC exam which decides the other 50%. My advice would be to study hard and get the highest possible mark, so you can get an ATAR above 77. If your final HSC marks are in the same range as your internal marks, I don't think 77 would be possible.

Congrats on your graduation, and good luck! :)

shaffy33

HSC
Oh ok I see thanks for the feedback what do you think my estimated ATAR will be?

HSC
N/A
Most ATAR calculators are reporting similar figures. These may not be accurate because we are trying to estimate your ATAR using your internal marks.

However, one thing is certain, it is less than 77 (at least for now).

Most of your subjects don't scale great and that doesn't help either.

m1cha3lyang

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't want to be pessimistic, but I don't think you're able to get 77 with these internal marks and ranks.
I agree with this. I plugged your marks (along with a school ranked roughly 89th in 2019) into ATAR calculator and your estimated ATAR is: 46.60 +- 2.00. I don't think that you would be able to get an ATAR above 77 at this rate due to the trajectory shown from your internal marks however if you manage to pull through and smash the externals, it could be a whole different story. Keep in mind that your final HSC ATAR mark is based of 50% internal and 50% external so if you grind and smash the HSC exams, you could reach your ATAR goal.

Best of luck!

shaffy33

HSC
Hmm I see thanks man for the feedback and analysis, damn my RIP my ATAR, at least I could multiple early entry offers so not completely at a bad scenario. The average ATAR of the state is around 70 hopefully I get above that at least

HSC
N/A
Hmm I see thanks man for the feedback and analysis, damn my RIP my ATAR, at least I could multiple early entry offers so not completely at a bad scenario. The average ATAR of the state is around 70 hopefully I get above that at least
Like you said, even if you don't get the ATAR you want there's plenty of other ways you can get offers from unis. Just do your best and hopefully everything will go well.

shaffy33

HSC
But I still strongly believe that my ATAR will be above 50 no matter what these calculaters are saying, not trying to boost or anything I feel I am above State Average, my school has a history of marking a harshly and giving tougher exams then other schools. My schools ATAR average is above the State one and I am above avergae in my Cohort.

c8

HSC
But I still strongly believe that my ATAR will be above 50 no matter what these calculaters are saying, not trying to boost or anything I feel I am above State Average, my school has a history of marking a harshly and giving tougher exams then other schools. My schools ATAR average is above the State one and I am above avergae in my Cohort.
Hmm of course you can always improve by the time of HSC so there's always hope to improve from internals. You say you are above average in your cohort, but all your rankings put you at either right in the middle, or below the middle. What makes you say you are above average?

shaffy33

HSC
Hey c8 I have asked all my teachers above my after every exam, when I received my report and I checked the average bar for my subject my internal marks are above it for all subjects with the exceptions of Legal Studies.

c8

HSC
Hey c8 I have asked all my teachers above my after every exam, when I received my report and I checked the average bar for my subject my internal marks are above it for all subjects with the exceptions of Legal Studies.
Ah I see I guess that makes sense but internal marks don't impact you at all. It's solely your ranks that do. Nonetheless, like I said before you can always improve by the time HSC comes round

shaffy33

HSC
Yeah I am just gonna try my best and study hard, hopegully I get a good ATAR

c8

HSC
It also may be worth noting your place among the median of scores for your subjects. That could be a better indication of your place among your cohort, aside from ranking, rather than average. Ultimately though it's too late to change internal marks and you can only work towards HSC. If you've got multiple offers already you should be in a good position regardless of your atar

shaffy33

HSC
Hmm I see so the median value is the more important value, yeah I am so thankfull as I have received multiple offers.

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
You can get the atar but you'll have to do good in the HSC and trust me I think you can!!

shaffy33

HSC
You can get the atar but you'll have to do good in the HSC and trust me I think you can!!
Thank you for such a kind comment, yeah I am gonna try my best and hopefully will get my desired result, we all tried our best in these past 13 years of schooling especially these last 2 intense years, Good luck for the HSC, your gonna smash it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)