Everyone Come To The Aybc Stall !!!!! (1 Viewer)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
forget all the rest, make sure you guys make your way to the aybc stall during oweek. we'll also be there at the ecos and bus day on 1 march. we've got our annual cruise coming up in easter that totally kicks comsoc out of the water. plus, we'll have heaps of motivational speakers (eg. young entrepeneurs, ppl on the BRW richest 100 list, partners in top business firms), coming in to talk to our members. so before u get lured in by comsoc or fmaa, come check us out first!

and yes, before u say anything, this is a totally shameless plug :p

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
What the hell is it? I don't see it in the beige pages.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
trust me its in there. i just saw it myself 5 min ago.
sud be under 'AYBC' or "Australia-Asia Youth Business Council"

this is our website if u want to learn more http://www.aybc.net.au/index.php

disclaimer: its still in development

Last edited:

fush

HSC
yea a bit more info please

edit: no worries, u beat me to it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hehe i thought it was only for asians.
Would it be good for marketing?
That is if it is australaisian, rather then asian aussie

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
haha its not just for asians, and its not just for marketing. we're targeting a broad range of ppl who do anything thats business related. basically, we're taking a different direction this yr in trying to bring in speakers from the business world that will inspire you to achieve to your best. none of the other commerce societies currently offer this to their members. if you think this will help u in ur marketing studies, then defn, we will be good for you.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hiiiiiiiii pigz ^^
how r ya doin?!?!
i saw u 2day in mereweather sr 2... =p did u get all HD again this semester?! congrat on that result =)

correct me if i was wrong, but the member ship cost s th along the liens of 10 bucks... pretty expensive relatively...
cuz last yr, when i was wondering around owk stalls, i bump into some buz/comm soceity... the 10 buck membership turned me away...
ok taht bein said, i was pretty apathetic/weary towards comm last yr this time...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
oh hey man...sorry i didn't say hi
well i mean its pretti standard for most of the clubs that offer alot to its members (eg. comsoc, fmaa, ucs). like i joined HEAPS of clubs last yr, and the ones with cheaper membership, i hardly ever went to any of their events, or make use of their services (u get a few emails and thats about it). BUT i went to the aybc cruise, and saved 5 bucks off the ticket, and i went to their cocktail party, and welcome bbq and seminars for FREE. so its realli up to u, waste ur money on a cheaper club, or spend a bit more and actualli get something from the club.

Lainee

HSC
011 said:
What the hell is it? I don't see it in the beige pages.
I did a search for it and it's under 'Ethno-Cultural' section - I don't think it really fits in there. Shouldn't it be under the 'Course Related' section?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
pigs_can_fly said:
... went to the aybc cruise, and saved 5 bucks off the ticket...
lol, that sounds so cool!!! like totally sweet!

um, anyways, its a society thats in unsw, usyd and uts. So u get to meet other people from better (or not as good) unis at their functions too :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lainee: i guess enthno-cultural because we focus on the australasian region. but we're not realli course related as such, like fmaa or comsoc, although we do provide you with services that may be related to your course, if that makes any sense.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hm... hey pigz... i heard that law party's way better than comm... is that rumour true?!

yeh ironically, i was only active in one of the most inexpensive clubs there is: chess club =p omg, i really don't have a social life... i'd prolly hand around scisoc as well, aprt from first yr'ers are usually pretty inactive in that club...

btw, woot!!! sellin thy text book pigz~~~ pity i brought my one yr supply of comm subjects already =(

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
thats ok man
law CAMP kicks everything out of the water...but not so sure bout law and com parties
i've heard mixed responses for both

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hey pigz, heard of golden key society at usyd?! i heard some negative comments of it... i am interested as to how it works?!

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think u will get an invitation letter if u come within the top 15% of your course. its a one-off lifemembership fee of like 100 smthing. i think alot of ppl reckon its quite useless, except for some of the career networking opportunities and stuff.

aditya

HSC
lol i keep forgetting xiao is a guy, except that last post u sounded like a guy then (Y) *sorry if i hurt ur feelings*

anyway, say i join this abycc club can i still join the other clubs?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah! of course
u can join as many clubs as u like
joining dun mean u have to help out. basically u just get the benefit of the services and discounts we provide to our members.

Lainee

HSC
I joined it today. At your recommendation, pigs, so if it sucks it's all your fault. ;)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
oooh did u like our sexy tshirts? i thought they were realli cool, alot better than the other clubs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)