Examine?!!! (1 Viewer)

connie

HSC
N/A
ok a prac question says; "Examine TWO indicators of globalisation."

how do u examine?

coroneos

I dont remember the exact definition but look up the meaning of the verb @ BOS website.

connie

HSC
N/A
examine means to inquire into, thats not my question, my question how do i examine (or inquire into) 2 indicators of globalisation?

connie

HSC
N/A
i was thinking that, but all this pressure from my teachers to focus on what they keywords are asking made me think that maybe they were asking something different

timmii

sporadic attendee
Critically discuss perhaps? i.e not only explain what globalisation is, and how it can be "indicated" but also whether those indicators are valuable/reliable...why are they considered or referred to?

Hmmm its a very weird question.

coroneos

knowing what the words actually mean is not really all that important. The only important thing is really knowing how many marks the question is asking for, as this is the worst killer in HSC and Trial exams. I know of many people who spend 2x more than they needed to to answer questions because they did not know how much was required for the question.

I.e if it goes RECALL.... or DEFINE.. then obviously you do not need to an essay on it.

Whereas Discuss and Examine require a greater amount of detail as such.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by coroneos
knowing what the words actually mean is not really all that important
WTF!! they are like one of the most important parts of any question.

if you know what the glossary of key words are, and know what each of them requires, then from that it is easy to gauge how much needs to be written (obviously you would also need to look at the value of the question...)

if a question says identify TWO Newly Industrialised Countries, all you would have to say is Singapore and South Korea. You wouldnt need to define what an NIC is, nor describe what has happened in Singapore or South Korea. You only need to 'recognise and name". That question would most likely be worth 2 marks, and you would get two for simply just stating those two NICs.

on the other hand, if it said describe TWO NICs, and it was also worth 2 marks, then you would obviously need to identify, and give the 'characteristics and features' of them...

they are two questions that are worth the same marks, but one requires significantly less writing than the other....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)