excuses so that you can quit your job (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
so what reasons would you use to tell your employer so that you can quit your job....

err try to be sensible about it...i cant think of any.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Found a better package elsewhere, if they like you they will match or exceed it.

Travel to and from work is excessive and you will be losing your transportation.

You do not feel that you are progressing at your current workplace in a manner that reflects the effort you put in.

You have a terminal illness.

You're moving out to another town/city/suburb.

You'd like to focus on other aspects of your life at the present time, study/family.

You feel that what you did in the toilets with one of the other employees will put a strain on your work relationship.

You wish the company the best of luck but no longer believe that you share the same enthusiasm for it's success and rather than become an unproductive member of the team wish to tender your resignation.

Whatever you do wish the company the best of luck, you don't have to tell them it's because they're all incompetent so they will need it just wish them luck and all the best :)

Don't go whingeing about what was wrong, you had plenty of time while working there to bring these things up.

Edit: Basically it's like trying to break up a relationship nicely: "It's not you it's me"
Unless they really cheesed you off but then you might not get a reference later on so it's up to you how nice you will be.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
man thats some good ones there. im trying to break it off nicely...and namely because i only started work this week and i think i might have found a better job elsewhere.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Or, if you're at uni, just say your timetable requires you to be there 5 days a week... If you have a weekend job, use the same line, and add "so I need the whole weekend to study". No one can argue with educational commitments :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im going in for corrective heart surgery, and the chances aren't looking good.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Would it be wise to wait until the better job is a definate before you quit the other. It would be unfortunate if the other fell through.

Going with the truth is easier...you could let them know that you werent sure what was happening with this other job, but now...etc..

And it would be nice to apologise for inconvenience caused as well :)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
I said:

I would like to resign from the position to pursue my professional career.
(for quitting big w)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well i quit my job back in mid december but an update; i got the new job :D

i use to work at dominoes but now work at strathfield car radios camperdown :D

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
Who cares? It's Dominos, where you get paid Award wages (i.e SHIT).

'Hey fat turd, I'm leaving this job unless you gimme a pay rise.'

Unless you wanted a reference off him though.. in that case best not to go the fat turd option. Perhaps 'slightly oversized' is more politically correct.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
"I'm sorry....but I'm gonna have to end this relationship...no no.. its not you...its me"

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Quit my job 2 days ago due to;

- Transport becoming too expensive, much of my wage was spent on petrol
- Offer to work at a business closer to home

Really not that bad, both managers are writing me references etc .., just be honest.

cate_7x

HSC
I currently work in a call centre but am going to quit because it's just a sucky job - I'm just going to tell them that i have to get a more casual job for uni. Tell the truth if you want a good reference tho.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
how about "i quit" u dont need a reason, if u've been there less than a week it's not like u will get or could need a reference off them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)