• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extended Repsonse Question (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I've got an extended response question in the form of a scaffold and I'm a bit lost on what ideas and information I should use.

Assess the impacts of the applications of some advances in the production of polymers on the environment and on society

The scaffold is set out unedr the these headings:
- Description of first advance in polymer production
- Application of the advance in polymer production
- Impact of the advance on the environment
- Judgement on the magnitude of the advance on the environment
- Description of second advance in polymer production
- Impact on the advance on society
- Judgement on the magnitude of the advance on society

I just need to know what kind of ideas and info I need to to write about, because I'm not really sure what the question is specifically asking for.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
I've got an extended response question in the form of a scaffold and I'm a bit lost on what ideas and information I should use.

Assess the impacts of the applications of some advances in the production of polymers on the environment and on society

The scaffold is set out unedr the these headings:
- Description of first advance in polymer production
- Impact of the advance on the environment
- Judgement on the magnitude of the advance on the environment
- Description of second advance in polymer production
- Impact on the advance on society
- Judgement on the magnitude of the advance on society

I just need to know what kind of ideas and info I need to to write about, because I'm not really sure what the question is specifically asking for.
The question is asking you to make a judgement on the impacts of producing polymers on the environment + society. You could talk about specific types of polymers that are being currently produced such as non biodegradable plastics which are polluting our environment and harmful to wildlife especially birds and marine life. This is just one of many examples that you could talk about. Assessing means to make a judgement on, whether it's good or bad, it's impacts, and advantages/disadvantages.
Since you've mentioned "advances", you talk about the process used to produce that polymer and "assess" the use of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)