Extension 1 Essay Question Ideas/Deconstruction Help (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
The essay given I have been given is as follows:

Passion is at the heart of Crime Writing. Yet detachment is also crucial.

Write an essay in which you evaluate the extent to which this is true of TWO prescribed texts AND at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

My prescribed texts I will use are:

Anil's Ghost
Rear Window

Any help on deconstructing the question, ideas for structure etc. will be really appreciated :)

ocatal

HSC
Talk about how the composer is somewhat required to 'detach' from the traditional conventions of the genre.
I don't know about Anil's Ghost but for Rear Window you can explain the idea of the trapped detective and how that subverts customary notions of the genre.

Focus is Key

HSC
Talk about how the composer is somewhat required to 'detach' from the traditional conventions of the genre.
I don't know about Anil's Ghost but for Rear Window you can explain the idea of the trapped detective and how that subverts customary notions of the genre.
Brilliant idea, that would go really well with what I've got lined up :) Yeah I'll use what you said for Rear Window, perhaps I could even talk about how Jeff is detached physically from the criminal investigative process but still remains impassioned to see it through (using Lisa etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)