Extension 2 english (1 Viewer)

vicerage

HSC
Hello everyone, i was just wondering if any1 had any notes or could help me with my poetry in ext. 2 english... its hard and i dnt kno where to go with it our teacher is away and i need help can any1 help???

FerengCheng

Inactive account
HSC
It depends on what type of poetry you're doing, and what topic you've chosen as your main concept.

HSC
the notes you'll need are all depending on what you're doing.

however, i would say the starting points should be books like 'How To Write Poetry' and 'Poetry Through The Ages'...they bore me to tears but of course, you need to know theory before you begin with prac. Good Luck.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I don't think knowing the theory behind poetry is particularly important in terms of being able to write good poetry. Instead, I recommend just reading poetry. Lots of it. And try to read from as many different poets and eras as you can and find elements that you like and adopt them.

Having said that, the theory will be handy when it comes time to bullshit your way through the proposal and viva voce(s).

Oh, and good on you hello2u2 for having a UAI goal that isn't 99+. Happy writing!

tillytilly

HSC
Yeah, I agree that the theory isn't entirely necessary to know. Read. I don't have any notes that aren't specifically related to the topic mine was on (the link between changeling literature, Catholic indoctrination and infanticide) but the best advice I can give is just to read read read- poetry, and things related to your topic.

HSC
666_blessings said:
Oh, and good on you hello2u2 for having a UAI goal that isn't 99+. Happy writing!
lol, thanks! I don't consider myself particularly academic anyway :p

I dropped this course, buckled under pressure i guess. poetry wasnt as good as it was cracked out to be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)