Extension French (Info answering the question "Should I do it?") (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Let's keep discussion of exam in the Exam Thoughts section though :D. So people can find it there for archives etc...

HAPPINESS NONETHELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Ahahahaha hippy....!!!~ funny funny

Chep: moi? amoureuse de poiuytrewqwerty? mais non enfin...il est mon esclave. Il travaille jour et nuit dans le plafond de ma chambre et il fait mes devoirs pour moi. En effet c'est lui ici maintenant qui est en train de taper ce msg alors que je regarde la tele.....

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
kim.. you do scare me alot sometimes :D
DAMN IM GLAD THATS OVER. WOOP WOOP :D
easy exam i thought, so happy at extract 4 your prayer turned out to be true chepas, extract 4 oo yea! :D

chepas

HSC
LOL ton esclave.... J'ai entendu parler des relations entre les esclaves et leurs maitres...........

Bé s'il est la`, faut qu'il soit ton amoureux :D

Re: Prayers! Yes, all we needed was faith, as Donkey says in Shrek in that song out in which he bursts.

belleree98

Okay I need help with a few things.

Chepas je suis d'accord avec toi - il y a rien dans l'extrait 5!! Pour le theme "Tolerance of difference" et la fin..tu dirais quoi pour ca???

merci en avance

chepas

HSC
Gosh.... it's been so long since I have thought about this movie. I have notes for everything except extract 5 because at OHS we didn't bother with it, as it was in the HSC the year before (2003), so... I'll just look at the script and think of something.

Your question seems very vague - What I would say about the theme Tolerance of Difference on the whole film? Or in the end? As I think the biggest theme is Coping with Change. Marius goes on his whole story about how he lost his wife and kids - and the fact that he hadn't drunk until then is a BIIIG thing in the story, as he made a big deal out of never drinking.

The way he coped with changed was not very well, as in Ex 5:

Marius: C'est a` cause des petits que je suis pas revenu. Hé, il faut du courage pour aimer les enfants, et ce courage, je l'ai plus. Alors le matin je les regardais prendre le petit déjeuner en famillle.. c'est ça, la famille.

He had no capacity to love a family again, as he had lost his, and that killed his spirits. So this is what pushes him back to drink, and that causes him not to go back to Jeannette and the kids(remember a bit back - he left and didn't come back for a while,all got really 'oh no he left'.).

As for T of D.... that's a stickler. Perhaps.. I have no idea! Perhaps it is the fact that Justin and Dédé have to adjust to the fact that Marius now comes with the baggage, as before he was a very insular silent person, now he has a soul. But that could mean nothing.

belleree98

Je voulais dire, tolerance de difference dans l'extrait 5. Mais c'est pas grave, j'ai fini les devoirs et j'ai dit que c'est avec Justin et Dede. Tu as raison, il n'y a rien, cet extrait.

Merci!

Lileane

HSC
Hehe I know this is dragging up old posts, but it was on the front page, so I reserve the right to reply to it.

Anyway, I was just reading through this, very interesting and thought provoking i must say :D. Also very useful as FrEXT trial is in two weeks time and I have not, up until now, written ONE empathy task. *cough* Qu'est-ce que je suis stressée. C'est absolument incroyable, je vous jure.

I was just thinking about the "bac pour la colle" thing. Ok, so it has to do with glue and wallpapering, but maybe it also has to do with the fact that "colle" in French also means detention? So, if une colle=une retenue=a detention, maybe Marius was just making a schoolboy joke.

Just my 2 centimes.

chepas

HSC
Hehe, voila` la joke, la`... :D. M+J's such a charming little film. A lot of people seem to hate it but I like it :rolleyes:.

If you're lucky, for the empathy task you will have to write the script of a conversation, which I found easiest, as it is just writing the following events of a certain extract of an extract, making sure that you really know the story/characters etc well. Writing diary entries I found harder, because it was a text type that I had a bit of an issue with, trying to make it make sense within the context of a film.

Hopefully by tomorrow night I will have some practice papers up I got from my old French teacher, so you'll have something to do (il te reste que la motivation :p). Damn scanner's not working, so I'll have to type them.

Good luck all!

Lileane

HSC
Eeep, ok, ok, I know I shouldn't be stressing right now, but I am actually doing so, quite badly really. To the point where I'm actually shaking...and why???
Extension Trial is tomorrow afternoon. Suffice to say that I am not too good at handling orals they make me stress out so much. I know everyone has the same issues (some of my German-studying friends report not having slept at all the night before due to anxiety.)
Hyperventilating here. Anyway, I just needed to have a short little vent to people who would understand my terror haha.
Ok, well now I'll ask a question to give this post a point. How do you guys prepare for the empathy writing task? What I mean is, especially in the dialogues, do you attempt to learn some slang expressions?
Oh and Chepas, you're not the only one, I quite like the film as well, it definitely has its moments and after a whole year, I'm surprised I still find most of the characters endearing rather than vomit-inducing. Esp Dédé...he makes me crack up so much..."Hé j'aime que la Kronenbourg, moi!"
Mort de rire.

Last edited:

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
I've been converted. I used to hate the movie, but now I love it and can laugh the whole way through. I should be studying now though, and this is a great place to bludge, so i'll try and avoid the temptation and leave now.

el gwapo

HSC
to those who did extension french.. did you have to do it alone, i.e. you're a lone ranger, because should i ever consider and indeed do it, chances are i'll be alone doing it by myself; my continuers class is quite small (5)

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
My whole German class (4 of us) did extension... however I only did it so that I wouldn't get further behind as they all went to Germany - the extra German has been useful.
Do it even if you will be by yourself - it will be kind of hard though and you will get to know your teacher really well! Do it and see how it goes - by the way will you do Au revoir or Maurice et Jeanette

Timhunt

HSC
just wondering if i should choose french continuers in years 11 n 12? Whats the course like and how does the scaling go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)