extension german (1 Viewer)

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
thoughts?
i didn't like it very much, i thought the questions were pretty random and obscure. it wasn't awful, but yeah. anyone else?
but it's my last one so woot!!!

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
indeed.
not awful, but neither of the two extended response qn's pushed any buttons for me. I did the second one (in retrospect should have done 1st) and i had a 5 min mental blank =|

However, it's done and so is my HSC. :D

twat*

the response questions were v scheisse i thought..did anyone actually do the grafiti one??

cricketscorer

I was so unhappy. They printed the whole of "Hunne" so all of us that had bothered to learn stuff about it were annoyed, and then the questions were so random, AND there were only four of them. In Part B it was almost impossible to show that you understood the whole story, because you could only be one character - and that's where you get marks. Essay Question 3 may have been OK (we never talked about graffiti) but in Question 4 there was a semi-mis-translation of the question ("schrankenlos" doens't really mean what we take "cohesive" to mean). So what were we supposed to answer?

I hated the exam, but it was my one crap one so far, and there is only one to go, so oh well.

waterfowl

HSC
Are any of you extension people natives? Or why did you decide to do extension?
My teacher doesn't like to offer extension because she says it is too complicated and takes up too much time for a 1 unit subject, and she says that even natives would have trouble because often their grammar isn't good.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
I don't know about other, but i'm not native. I did it because of my interest in german and my enjoyment of the subject (my best subject at that) and my teacher probably would have hunted me down if i hadn't - in a nice way, but hunted all the same. I know another guy in my class did it to help his 2u, but he ended up dropping it.
My teacher also said that being native isn't a guarantee for extension, not necessarily for grammar but in terms of putting together an argument - you need to be able to think well as well as speak good german.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)