EXTERNAL law transfer UNSW (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm studying a combined law degree and want to study law in UNSW next year (after my first yr of uni). I know that UNSW has implemented an INTERNAL law transfer program as of 2013, giving the opportunity for a minimum of 100 UNSW students to transfer into Law, permitted they have met the WAM requirements as stated. Obviously, I didn't take this option, partly because I didn't want to take the risk of not making it in.

Recently, my uni grades have been rather positive and am contemplating transferring. But is external transfer to UNSW law still an option for me, considering they are somewhat putting more emphasis on internal transfer? Am I somewhat at a disadvantage? Are the requirements for external transfers as stated on their website redundant?

Thanks guys!

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Applicants are assessed on 50% ATAR and 50% tertiary grades. Entry is very competitive and generally students require an ATAR of at least 97 and a grade point average of 6.0 (distinction) in their first year of study.

rayy_bann

HSC
Is a GPA of 6.0 basically JUST hitting the distinction average borderline? Or is it mid distinction average?

And I've been researching NRSLs. Does this mean that getting an ATAR of 97 and GPA of 6.0 equates to (97+96)/2= 96.5 NRSL?thanks!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
GPA is a weak measure because whether you get 75 which is scraping a distinction or 84 which is bordering high distinction in all your subjects, it's still the same GPA, I believe.

UNSW uses WAM. Which is the average mark.

rayy_bann

HSC
Yeah I know GPA is a week measure, which is why I would have liked it to be WAM. But on their website, it says GPA specifically.

But anyways, do you know anything about NRSL cuttoffs?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, take advantage of the GPA weakness.

I don't know about NRSL unfortunately. Might want to ask the uni or something about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)