extra UAI marks for sickness (1 Viewer)

bobob

HSC
What is the name and where can I find any information on the system whereby the board of studies give those with disabilities or sickness extra marks to their UAI of up to 5 marks?

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
as far as i know you need to talk to your school curriculum advisor guy/gal. sickness ones (when you have a virus etc) are called misadventure forms. im not sure of all the circumstances they cover. some singers in my music class had the flu for the hsc and they filled them out. my cousin also filled one out last year and got 5 extra uai points for a private reason.

thats all i know!

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sarah_Lou said:
as far as i know you need to talk to your school curriculum advisor guy/gal. sickness ones (when you have a virus etc) are called misadventure forms. im not sure of all the circumstances they cover. some singers in my music class had the flu for the hsc and they filled them out.

thats all i know!

If you are sick on the day of an HSC Final exam they just use your school assesment mark as your final HSC mark. That is misadventure.

Special provisions exist for those with disabilities or long term illness. These may involve writers, readers etc etc You can no longer get special provisions for this year; but for next year ask the school

Last edited:

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
if you have something serious such as a death in the family, or a serious and sudden injury that affects your ability to syudy and perform in the hsc, your marks can also be considered.

Last edited:

s0k0y0e0

HSC
bobob said:
What is the name and where can I find any information on the system whereby the board of studies give those with disabilities or sickness extra marks to their UAI of up to 5 marks?
Illness and misadventure - your sick on the day or unable to do exam

Educational Access Scheme - there has been something affecting your ability to do your studies to your full potential through the year

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
why does everyone think that you get extra uai points. you do not get extra uai points.
this as stated above is called the education access scheme which may vary from uni to uni. the uni in the consideration would consider your application and you will have to compete with other EAS students for a place in uni anyway. but the limit is by 5 uai points as stated above as well.

repeat on argonaunt's post!! there is no extra uai points whatsoever!!! s

jessiej87

HSC
ok i have to say that ppl that just try to get this coz they think they are below their aim really give me the shits!!

+ if u had read the form u would see how many ppl can apply 4 all diff reasons - so documents need to be shown - school results (showing a drop in ur marks), doc certificates etc all have to be handed in! + the school needs to fill out a section to verify the prob

me personally i have had my illness 4 over 6 months - my rank has dropped by about 10 spots 4 each subject due to the huge number of absense i have had (through no fault of my own) but the amount of ppl on this site that i have read just trying to scab marks gives me the shits and usually if ur school thinks that u have been disadvantaged they send the form out 2 u!!

krystalp

HSC
wha wha wha. im stuck in hospital till 15 of october or a cant claim it on my parents medicard. i actually deserve intitlements and i dont get them....the system is a rip.

krystalp

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
How is that the board's fault?
im saying it is unfare that some people get allowances for a runny nose, when others dont get anything even tho they may have serious problems. its good that they give out sick allowances, but it should be given to those who need it, and not to those who dont.

koodzie

HSC
me too

jessiej87 said:
ok i have to say that ppl that just try to get this coz they think they are below their aim really give me the shits!!

+ if u had read the form u would see how many ppl can apply 4 all diff reasons - so documents need to be shown - school results (showing a drop in ur marks), doc certificates etc all have to be handed in! + the school needs to fill out a section to verify the prob]
jessiej87 said:
i no so many ppl who are applyin for special provisions and also the EAS form too bcoz they want the extra marks, well i'm soory to say for those ppl that the UAC read all EAS forms and actually choose on who to acept, this form needs so much documentation which needs to be verified by certain ppl, so 4 those ppl who want the extra marks, think again!

i was in a serious accident 2 yrs ago and as tym goes by my problems get worse, the school was informed from day one, after 2 years of invesigation and goin to many orthopeadic surgeons they hav finally found out whats causing my extreme back pain which doent allow me to be seated for more than 15min.
i hav apllied for and EAS form and special provisions too.
all these forms n provisions need to be followed according to the proper procedures to be acepted but remember not all are! and EXTRA UAI marks....thanks very much but thats bullshit, u get nuthing extra, all it does is put u into consideration wen allocating u into ur UNI preferences that u hav chosen.

Last edited:

koodzie

HSC
wrong_turn said:
why does everyone think that you get extra uai points. you do not get extra uai points.
this as stated above is called the education access scheme which may vary from uni to uni. the uni in the consideration would consider your application and you will have to compete with other EAS students for a place in uni anyway. but the limit is by 5 uai points as stated above as well.

repeat on argonaunt's post!! there is no extra uai points whatsoever!!! s

thanks for ur comment, at least u understand, and not like others! thankx again

soughito

UAI predictions

i was just wondering about possible UAI for these scores:

English ADvanced: 75%
Biology: 65%
PDHPE: 90-95%
Maths general: 90-95%
Arabic Continuers: 70-75%

any suggestions. Please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)