F**k!!! (1 Viewer)

MiKeY

HSC
I was putting the IPT paper away just then and I happened to read the last question in Multimedia again.
It asked for the different media Anna could have used.
I can't believe I mis read the question in the exam. :eek: I thought it asked for text types. ie. Text, Images, Audio, Video and Animation.
I can't BELIEVE I stuffed that up! Argh
5 marks down the drain. There goes any hope of getting a band 6. :(
Media - in that question - refers to CD, Website, Powerpoint Presentation etc, right? Like, they wanted us to describe how she could have presented her portfolio?
:confused:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
*faints*

Whaaaaaaaat?? That was about the only question I had confidence in!

Holy bajeebas, there's another 5 marks gone, I feel like dying.. I can't believe I came home from the exam worried that I'd lost 5 or 6 marks on silly mistakes, I've lost about 26 now.

I think I should stop looking at this message board, it's lowering my self esteem by the minute. :(

TheKey

HSC
i think the key word "in her" multimedia portfolio means , text audio... if it said to "present her" multimedia portfolio then i would put powerpoint and shit,

either way not all 5 marks are for that, second part of question is why she woul choose multimedia over paper..

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
*faints*

Whaaaaaaaat?? That was about the only question I had confidence in!
LoL - Hey I don't know if I was right or wrong - hence why I'm asking.
What were supposed to write for that answer? I have no idea. :S

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Wait a sec, I just looked at the exam and it says:
Describe the different types of media that Anna could use in her multimedia presentation...
doesn't that ask for what we originally wrote? (Images, Audio, Video, Animation, Text)

You couldn't use CD's, powerpoint presentations, website in the actual presentation.. could you? :(

*crosses fingers*

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
doesn't that ask for what we originally wrote? (Images, Audio, Video, Animation, Text)
*crosses fingers*
I really have no idea. :confused: I was always under the impression that 'media' meant CD, Website etc. i.e.
But I just looked at the IPT book and it says under the 'Types of Media' Section - Audio, Text, Images, Video, Animation and Hypertext.. etc
:rolleyes: How confuzzlement. I guess we were right then?:confused:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think the wording of that question is unfair. I was confused as to what they meant by "media". Did they mean media like text, video, etc or did they mean cds, powerpoint, etc? They could have made it a bit clearer

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by MiKeY
How confuzzlement. I guess we were right then?
*LoL* I don't know whether to hug you or strangle you.

I think we should be right, it does seem like a question they would put in the exam.

I'm now going to run a very, very cold bath.. :p

RX8LP

nooooooooooooo!!
I wrote the same damn thing.
I wrote:
Audio
Video
Images
Animation
Hypertext

And then i described how it applied to annas multimedia project.!!! NOOOOOO

Ar u sure........ur wrong. i dont think it referred to software.

M o r p h X

nar it is all dat.... text / images/ animation and audio crap....

it says different types of media.. and how she ewould incorporate it into her... multimedia portfolio.....

its not all dat CD and website crap...

D_E_A

The thing with IPT is, just about all the questions have many answers dat are all right and gets really confusing......
I put down text/Images/Video and all dat... but i dont get my hopes or any thing cuz u always get a different result that u expect....

Russkie

ahhhh shit i actually gave examples like mp3, mpeg, .gif jpeg, i guess im screwed then, i said she should like use mpeg for video cause it has a high compression ratio and since she is presenting it on the cd it wont take up much resources blah blah :(

jpk

i put text/image/video etc......
i think thast wat it asked...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Russkie
i actually gave examples like mp3, mpeg, .gif jpeg
Considering the fact that they are examples of the different media types Anna could have used, I don't think that's incorrect. You could still get full marks for that, I think.

Russkie

sweet i feel abit better now, i kinda rushed that part cause i still had to talk about why a multimedia presentation would be more appropiate and go back to multiple choice 16 and 19 which i couldnt figure out the answer to with like 2 minutes to go

kouri

well w t f
HSC
dont scare me man...

i'm pretty sure its the different data types of media...which is.. yeah..audio/text/video and crap...
argh.. screw it.

its over.
MATTTTTTTHHHHHHHHSSSSSS Oh god.
and physics.

JRasnier

nah its like paper-portfolio, booklet, slide show, video tape, like other media, tv show even if she was able too website, art exhibit......
u get a hint, by the second part of the question also, if ur wandering...

and also it doesnt say data types.....whoever posted before meeh.....

Last edited:

Zenum

Describe the different types of media that Anna could use in her multimedia presentation, and discuss factors that may have affected her choice of a multimedia portfolio rather then a paper-based portfolio.

From these we can see that they only want to know stuff about her multimedia presentation, not her paper-based one.

A correct answer would describe text, audio, video, animation, graphics, hypertext. this would give u 2-3 marks... If you then discussed how these factors affected her choice, (eg. interactive, able to show more of her skills etc.) then that would take u to the 4-5 mark section.

Ofcourse thats just if i was marking it :p chances are im being too optimistic :p In my opinion the BOS can't mark exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)