Failed an exam. Help. (1 Viewer)

HelloItzMe

HSC
I’ve had my second assessment task for bio and just recently go my marks back.

in my first assessment task I lost about 3.7% from the 20% that was counted to our final grade.
However in my recent exam I have lost 15% from the 25% that counted. I failed the exam even after studying really hard for it like really badly.
So I don’t have any idea what to do anymore? Will i still be able to get a high band 5 in bio?
This is having a really bad toll on me. And now that I am trying to prepare for other exams, I literally don’t know how to. Like its not working out at all. How do I study for an exam??!
I have no motivation whatsoever and I’ve been spending the past few days crying and I have a chemistry test on module 7 in a week and I’ve just been trying to study and I just can’t

WHAT DO I DO?!

I’ve been panicking like crazy and I don’t even know

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

in my first assessment task I lost about 3.7% from the 20% that was counted to our final grade.
However in my recent exam I have lost 15% from the 25% that counted. I failed the exam even after studying really hard for it like really badly.
So I don’t have any idea what to do anymore? Will i still be able to get a high band 5 in bio?
This is having a really bad toll on me. And now that I am trying to prepare for other exams, I literally don’t know how to. Like its not working out at all. How do I study for an exam??!
I have no motivation whatsoever and I’ve been spending the past few days crying and I have a chemistry test on module 7 in a week and I’ve just been trying to study and I just can’t

WHAT DO I DO?!

Failing an exam is not the end of the world. You'll just have to do the best you can to make up for it in upcoming tasks ESPECIALLY the trials which are typically worth quite a lot. You should be aiming to get very good ranks for each of the following tasks, even if your mark itself is like 80%, if it's the highest mark or one of the highest then it's good because your rank is still getting better. Getting a high band 5 honestly IS possible I guess but it is going to be really difficult. Your going to have to make sure you get a good band 6 mark for the HSC.

As for preparing for BIO I'll let the people who actually did it answer that. Just on a side note it's alright to be upset over a mark and crying is a good way to let it all out but don't let it constantly sit in your mind day in day out because this could actually hinder your further performance. Accept your mistakes and carry on. Crying for days on end is not going to change your mark, only YOU can and that requires effort. I made plenty of mistakes, failed an English task and spent the rest of the day mulling over it and how it could screw my HSC. Next day I almost didn't think about it and hey I got an 85 for someone who despises English.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC

WHAT DO I DO?!

What were the topics of your assessments out of curiosity? Also I don't think your % matters at all right now, it is all about your ranking in internals, I think, which given a good result in all but 1 task can still be high.

MinnieMinnie

HSC
What were the topics of your assessments out of curiosity? Also I don't think your % matters at all right now, it is all about your ranking in internals, I think, which given a good result in all but 1 task can still be high.

It was the whole of Module 5

ultra908

HSC
Ye your percentage doesn't rlly matter: ur internals mark will be moderated based on exam performance. What's important though, is everyone else hitting very high marks? How do you sit in your cohort?

A band 6 is always possible, especially if you do well in the final exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)