Failed at UNSW previously and transferred to UTS for WAM reset. Did well at UTS, want to credit transfer back to UNSW. Will UNSW failed grades remain? (1 Viewer)

Jorge564

HSC
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had a similar circumstance to mine,

In 2020, I started my first year in Computer Science at UNSW. I felt very unmotivated and was still feeling burnt out from HSC. My incompetence lead me to several failed grades in the 1st trimester. Following this, at the beginning of the 2nd trimester, I needed to get my act together - I was worried about my academic future and subsequently did pretty alright in the first few weeks. Everything was starting to go positively until a family member of mine became diagnosed with near-late stage cancer. In hindsight, this was probably a rash and unthoughtful response, but I dropped my courses since I felt like I needed to spend the most time together possible with my family; as I am young, I thought my study can be delayed.

Following this, at the end of the 2nd trimester, I had almost nothing but failed grades. I reapplied at UAC for Computer Science but at UTS, to reset my WAM. I did pretty well in my first year at UTS, with a few distinctions here and there. Now I feel like credit transferring back to UNSW for CS, but if I do, will my failed grades from UNSW remain and impact my WAM? How would this work?

wendyredvelvet

HSC
hey, how do you apply for a credit transfer to unsw? I do a computing degree at uts and want to transfer to computer science at unsw or usyd software engineering. How do i do that?? could you guide please.. do i just reapply to uac and select degrees to uni or smth else.. helpp.. so far im finishing my first semester and for info sys hd, programming 1 hd or distinction, discrete math, distinction, math 1 credit obviously i still have second semseter but what wam or gpa would i need to transfer to unsw or usyd? please help

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
You may have to directly ask the uni for this. Alternatively, you could use the selection rank that you need for atar entry and use a gpa to selection rank helper thing (uq has one). I don’t know if this is the right way though

UTS SHOULD HAVE A WAM CALCULATOR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)