Failed Internals is there still hope? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Got my trial papers back and I got 20% for chemistry (ranked last) and 56% for mathematics advanced (third last). My school is ranked 200-300, has anyone ever had or heard of HSC success stories where they failed their internal assessments and finished with a low rank. Is there still hope to get an ATAR over 80?

St3althyNinja

HSC
I know someone who failed their first assessment task for ext 2 maths and came out with an E4 (band 6 equivalent) achieving an atar score above 90, although I'm not sure how well they did in their other subjects. What I'm saying here is that it's not over even if you didn't do too well in internals. Remember, your internals count towards 50% of your total HSC mark and the other 50% is the final HSC exam, hence if you work hard and do well in the FINAL exam, that is the HSC exam, you will most definitely be able to achieve a score above 80. Don't be demotivated! Keep fighting and study hard till the end! I wish you the best of luck fellow student.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on your other subjects as well in terms of your marks there. It will most likely be very difficult to improve that much in such a short period of time, but all you can do now is put in as much effort and study as you can for the remaining few months. If it doesn't work out, then you can still get into the degree you want to do eventually,y however, it will probably just take you a bit longer because you might have to do a year of uni and then transfer into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)