failed units (1 Viewer)

k.c.v.o

HSC
I'm doing Bachelor of nursing at UWS. I failed 2 units which were 400745 and 400746 in the first semester of first year.Do I pause the first semster of second year to repeat these units that I failed or should I just leave them to the end of the three years? Are there any summer schools in this program anymore?thx

k.c.v.o

HSC
Assumed Knowledge:

The Content and achievement of learning outcomes for Year One

Does that mean u have to pass all the units from year one?

frangipanisista

HSC
I would definitely recommend that you retake those units in Autumn 2010 (along with the other two second year Autumn units), rather than at the end of your degree.

From my personal experience, the work in subsequent units does heavily rely on the knowledge base formed in 400745 & 400746 and there is a good chance you will struggle to understand the concepts in second year without a firm understanding of the fundamentals.

If you have any concerns, the academic advisors on your campus should help you to figure out your progression pattern. Hope that helps!

Doomah

HSC
if they are pre-requisites for further 2nd year subjects then yes you have to do them before you can even proceed.

failing 1st year subjects usually mean u cant do some second year subjects. which would hold you back for another year.

anyways, best you now think about passing everything, and not fall into the trap of trying to overload with 5 subjects to complete the course within 3 years.

your first priority is to actually pass without failing again, and not finishing as soon as possible

k.c.v.o

HSC
Thanks for replying my message. I really don't want to fall behind.u know.These units I failed are not prerequisites for any 2nd or 3rd year units.It only says about assumed knowledge which is content and achievement of learning outcomes derived from Year One nursing units.

frangipanisista

HSC
Qualification for this award requires the successful completion of 240 credit points including the units listed in the recommended sequence below.
SOURCE

Basically, if you don't pass the units, you don't get the credit points (or the acknowledgement that you have achieved the assumed knowledge) and can't graduate.

You must consider the fact that there are other students in your position, who also have to repeat these units at some other time. You should not worry about taking extra time to complete your degree.

k.c.v.o

HSC
Are there any friends of u failed 400745& 400746?Did they allow to continue the 2nd year study?

frangipanisista

HSC
My friend has failed 400746 two, maybe three, times. But in Autumn semester of second year, she would have taken:

• Medical-Surgical Nursing 1 (because she passed 400745)
  • Understanding Good Health
  • Nursing and Healthy Communities
  • Evidence-Based Nursing 1

k.c.v.o

HSC
OMG I have consulted with my academic advisor.She told me I have to do one omre year in order to complete my course.So the autumn of second year of mine will be 400745 400746 and 400756 and third year will be 400753 400814 and 400755 .Our advisor said 400753 and 400814 are corequisite.How come you friend able to separate the two units?

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Sometime they can separate them but they try not to as the content of the 2 subjects complment each other. I had to take one of the science subjects (cant remember the subject number) without the med surg co-requsite subject on advice from the uni and found it alot harder and ended up with a fail. Took it second time round with the med surg subject at the same time and found it much easier as you do some of the topics in both classes making it easier to learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)