Failing a compulsory unit (1 Viewer)

tomstrong

HSC
Hey, I failed Stats B in Semester 2 07, and it's a compulsory unit for my degree, but the last Stats I have to take because I'm not majoring in it so it's not a prerequisite for my senior units.
But I was wondering, do I have to re-take it in Semester 2 of this year (it's only available Sem2) or can I wait until I finish my 3rd and final year and take up an extra semester to do it? I really can't be fked going through the whole pain of Stats yet again and changing my whole timetable.

Cheers

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Which degree are you doing? Statistics was a compuslory unit for my degree (software engineering) but I managed to talk my way out of it and did discrete maths instead.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
if its a 'core' unit u gotta do it regardless of whether ur majoring in that field or not

adgala

HSC
i am 99.99% sure you can do the subject whenever you want, just as long as you do it again and pass in order to meet the requirements of your degree.

however, you'd probably be better off asking someone from your faculty administration just to make sure.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
What adgala said. I have to do 12cp of maths for my degree (science, blah), failed 9cp of them in first year, redid stats in second year summer school and doing the last 6cp next semester.

They don't care as long as you do them and they're not prereqs for something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)