Failing General Math.... (1 Viewer)

jasmineerrosee

HSC
I am currently failing general math as i am currently getting less than 10-5% in all exams/assessments plus coming last in the class. It isnt that im not trying; ive put it in the hard (tutoring, make it priority, extra help etc) but its just not changing. I have also tried dropping, and changing teachers which was unsuccessful.

As trials, and the hsc come closer, the stress and overall anxiety is increasing as how much it will affect my ATAR. In terms of my other classes, im doing standard english, pdhpe, cafs, and senior science where im performing well in them, its just math.

Does anyone have advice, reassurance etc? I wanted a semi good ATAR to do a bachelor of nursing but im worried it wont happen due to general math affecting it all. Ive honestly have just given up on the subject...

StudyMaster101

HSC
Try do some past papers under exam pressure, and check your answers and see where you went wrong at the end.

confragus

HSC
N/A
Exactly as studymaster puts it. To do well in exams you need to practice in those conditions.

Try out this website studybot.com.au which is built for this purpose. It simulates exam conditions to help you improve on general mathematics examination techniques.

Its purposefully hard but try to beat your high score each time and you will see improvements in no time.

Good luck and study hard!

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
What math level did you did in stage 5? With this information i can predict your grades from that level in that stage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)