False Eyelashes (1 Viewer)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
So I was thinking of wearing a few of those individual false eyelashes for my Graduation but wasn't too sure. I've never worn flase eyelashes before cos theyre a bit full on but was considering using those individual ones.

Has anyone used them before?

Are they nice or trashy?

Could I do it myself? Or would I be needing assistance?

HSC
N/A
Probably a good idea to experiment. You can probably do it yourself, but be prepared for it to be time consuming.

I haven't done the individual lash thing myself, but have done normal false eyelashes. Generally you can get a similar effect, it's just that individual lashes look more natural. They normally come in 'normal' sizes, I think, so hard to go trashy :)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Ooh thanks

Pretty sure I never thought of using false eyelashes, it just spooked me, most probably from badly applied ones. But this make-up artist applied individual ones to my friend and they looked really good and yeah was just wondering

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
I think the individual ones look amazing! Best to get them applied for you though, cos they're really hard to handle. (Then again it might be cos I'm extremely unco :p) If you get them from Napolean, they'll let you know which length is suitable and apply them for you too!

If you do try to do it yourself and aren't able to, you can go back to them and they'll usually help you out, but I think they're MEANT to charge a $12 fee... most of them don't though ;)

HSC
N/A
Personally, if it's only $12 I'd pay to have the individual lashes put on lol

It saves much hassle... :)

HSC
personally.. im not much of a make up user.. but i think you should get it prof. done.. always it could fall off.. and that would be a hassle...

yeah i agree.. mabye you should try first... beofre doing a first at your grad. casue its pretty.. special.. CONGUS!

cheers.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i LOVE false eyelashes. My best friend and I were experimenting on me one day. The ones we had came pretty long, and you cut them down to the length you want. So um...DONT do it this way. She stuck them on my eye first, then pulled out the scissors and attempted to cut them down while they were on my eye. It was pretty much inevitable, but she cut my eyelid.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Shell said:
i LOVE false eyelashes. My best friend and I were experimenting on me one day. The ones we had came pretty long, and you cut them down to the length you want. So um...DONT do it this way. She stuck them on my eye first, then pulled out the scissors and attempted to cut them down while they were on my eye. It was pretty much inevitable, but she cut my eyelid.
She cut your eyelid?
Oh god! That's disgusting!
Are you alright?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Shell said:
this is why you dont get friends to do it :p

$12? you'll spend MUCH more on your accessories!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I think that full ones look better, especially in photos.

Dramatic eyes look great, and it doesn't take long to get good at putting them on.

kaylz

HSC
I bought some MAC ones a while back but I've barely used them as the glue absolutely stinks of fish. It makes me retch. They look pretty cool when you put them on, though. I prefer to use the whole thing. It can look a little bit too dramatic, but it's much less fiddly than using little sections - and it's less likely that they'll fall off. I think at MAC when you buy them they apply them for you... which is all very well, but I prefer not to wear falsies out shopping.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
they look sooo cool when they're put on properly. i tried some out a while ago and they looked so pretty and amazing...i didnt want to take them off, ever. <3
they are really hard to put on yourself, though. you dont necessarily need a professional to do it, a friend with steady hands and good hand-eye coordination will do - thats how mine got on coz i was too unco to do it myself, lol.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
She cut your eyelid?
Oh god! That's disgusting!
Are you alright?
HAHAH yeah, im ok. That was about 2 years ago. It left no scar. It was only a cut on the very outer corner of my eye, coz thats where she was placing the lashes. But god, how much blood do you think is behind that tiny bit of skin? A few drops? NO. It bled for ages.

*hopeful*

HSC
i tried and failed miserably on trying to put them on once, i am yet to try again...

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
i tried and failed miserably on trying to put them on once, i am yet to try again...
Same... :confused: btw, don't get the individual napolean ones. They're so difficult to put on, and the glue is a major rip off.

rachiee

HSC
yeah ive used them in my tafe class
there easy to put on, but you may need some one to help you apply them.
they last about a week so u should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)