Fear of handing in work holding me back (1 Viewer)

Akuri

HSC
N/A
ive had this issue for awhile but i forgot how oppressive it was over the past year. i will have finished a piece of work, or have a minimal amount of work to do, but my fear of handing it in halts me. im not sure if this is made more difficult by the fact that i have to submit it online, but either way it feels paralysing.

the scariest part is that im only doing ONE subject at the moment and im even scared of handing in a few sheets. im doing a language subject and my fears are along the lines... im afraid nothing i say will make sense and itll be gibberish despite studying it for almost a year. people tell me to not think too much, dont look back and just submit, but i HAVE to think so i can revise and compare with my old works. often times i wait till the last minute to submit even though i know i have more potential than that.

im attempting a full load of work next year and i really want to learn how to fight this fear before then.

mmmm.

HSC
Maybe you could talk to someone in your school like the teacher or the counsellor and they might be able to arrange something to help you

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
im doing a language subject and my fears are along the lines... im afraid nothing i say will make sense and itll be gibberish despite studying it for almost a year.
First and foremost, relax. Take a deep breath. Think about the positive aspects of the work that you've already achieved (like completing your work or getting close to finishing). You've been studying for a year now. If you have been putting in enough effort, you shouldn't be worried that what you wrote may sound bad. You should be confident that what you wrote is of good quality, because you regularly studied and took this subject seriously.

Try getting someone to review your work. That will surely clear any doubts that you may have. You mentioned that you have more potential than submitting at last minute. That clearly indicates that you do believe in your capabilites and based on this, there is no reason you should be having such thoughts.

I feel this is an issue where you might be overthinking something that is rather simple but is causing you stress. Being worried about your performance only shows that you care about it, and you should use this to your advantage.

You should also consider @mmmm. 's advice.

All the best!

Akuri

HSC
N/A
Maybe you could talk to someone in your school like the teacher or the counsellor and they might be able to arrange something to help you
I feel this is an issue where you might be overthinking something that is rather simple but is causing you stress. Being worried about your performance only shows that you care about it, and you should use this to your advantage.

All the best!
Thankyou both so much!! this is really invaluable advice and it means alot that i have a space to ask these questions and get support. ill definetly seek long term solutions with my teachers/school asap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)