feature articles (1 Viewer)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
aside from 'have a catchy headline' what do u think makes a good feature article?

of all the other text types, it's the one i'm most worried about having to do in an exam

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
The one thing I like to do in a feature article is finish up with a very catchy and effective statement. A personal statement is even better. Also, make sure you speak in the appropriate language. Read carefully who the audience is, and shape your words accordingly.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
Also, make sure you speak in the appropriate language. Read carefully who the audience is, and shape your words accordingly.
Yep, honky tonk has some good points. Feature articles can be opinionated, subjective. Use of emotive, persuasive language. Sensationalism. First person. Selective use of fact.

allyteaded

First you do an introductory paragraph right? Baisically introduces the topic you're going to discuss and who is discussing it (as in the 'writer' of the Feature article - Note: don't put your own name)

One question, the next paragraph, would you introduce say a person you're featuring in the feature article? I mean, most feature articles I've seen have a particular person they "feature." So say, you have to write change. Would you immediately introduce say "Mr John Wilson" who was a war vetenarian in the Vietnam War? (that's just a dumb example off the top of my head.)

Or would you rather discuss change and introduce different sorts of people you can quote from? Or is that more of a news paper article?

Anyways... much appreciated if you could help this poor little lost bum... (I'm talking about me btw.)

Last edited:

Nezz

HSC
we had an assessment which was a feature article and the best ones all had a picture or a graphic (description of it anyway) suitable to the question, with an appropriate caption, appropriate language for context and audience, and werent just an essay written in 2 columns.

If theres one in the HSC would you get marked down for not bothering with columns and all the extra crap like newspaper name and date at the bottom???

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
no columns in exams!.. i know that much..

the description of a graphic feature is a good idea :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)