Fee at enrolment (1 Viewer)

TW_Mike

HSC
Hi

Finally finshed enrolment today...i chose to pay up front...which is compulsory fee 604 and one semester fee 2793.40 which was after the 20% discount for my course(6979 annual cost)

total full up front fee for my course is 3397.40 dollars

I thought today it was only to pay for the compulsory fee...but the full fee could be paid today...after my mom's credit card was declined(which was issued by a bank in taiwan)...i was worried because i couldn't pay it with eftpos which has limit 1000 dollars

And the teller told me that i can pay for it the other day or something(as stated in the handbook of "information for commonwealth supported students", up front payment must be made before the census date which is some date i don't know but at least the other day)...but at last...my mom took out the other credit card i did not know...then after the payment i went to get my student card

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Are you a HECS student?

If so you don't have to pay anything upfront besides union fees, which will be in the vicinity of $600, and I think the options are cheque or credit.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we're still paying the full amount this year?

and they have EFTPOS facilities

TW_Mike

HSC
Thank you for responding.
Is HECS for commonwealth-supported place courses?
And is annual cost paid some time after enrolment?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
with the EFTPOS, most peoples withdrawal limit is $2000 per day. You will need to call your bank and increase this for the day of enrollment if you intend to pay your HECS upfront.

A

adamsaclown

TW_Mike said:
yeah thats what HECS is

if you choose to pay upfront (which you will have to if you are a not an Australian citizen), you'll pay at the start of each semester (i.e. one semester at a time; not the whole year at once). hope that helps

Otherwise you'll just have to pay Union fees (if its still compulsory that is) and some admin fees and stuff around $500 in total.

04er

HSC
TW_Mike said:
I believe the 'annual costs' ur referring to is the HECS loan, which (as someone above me mentioned) can be paid upfront, OR after you graduate and you have a job (and even then you only have to pay a small percentage of your total HECS loan per year).

Collin

HSC
N/A
Sigh.. fees are crappy crap crap. If only they had specified the VSU legislation effective beginning 06'.

Mambomeg said:
with the EFTPOS, most peoples withdrawal limit is $2000 per day. You will need to call your bank and increase this for the day of enrollment if you intend to pay your HECS upfront.
I thought it was usually $1,000 per day.

envy87

HSC
kat_in_a_hat88 said:
Can I pay with Visa credit card...well my mum's card?

yep...that's what i did...(that way is the easiest...cos you don't know how much you have to pay until you get to the very end of enrolment and they calculate it for you...so i just rang my mum towards the end and she came and paid...)

:)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
oh fuck fuck fuck my daily limit for eftpos is 800 bucks, ill be a HECS up front guy, and my sister will be at work while my mum is away FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

any ideas?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
oh fuck fuck fuck my daily limit for eftpos is 800 bucks, ill be a HECS up front guy, and my sister will be at work while my mum is away FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

any ideas?
Don't pay it upfront, and invest it instead.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
So Union fees ($604) can be paid with EFTPOS cards right?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
what971 said:
So Union fees ($604) can be paid with EFTPOS cards right?
yes. That includes Debit Cards as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)