• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Feeling Uneasy (1 Viewer)

kathc

Hey guys! i know you prob get this alot, but at the moment I am getting really stressed out about my HSC. I need at least 89 in UAI and I'm not really sure anymore if i can get it.

At the moment this is all i have these aren't cumilative and some i dont have ranks for. I got to a private girls school that gets ranked fairly well, here's what ive got so far:

Maths: ranked 19 out of 64, though first ranking I was like 50something out of 64

English: have no idea but roughly average in the year

Business Studies got ranked 13 out of 57 and 18 out of 57/

Ancient History: got really really bad in the first assessment, and the second one got 80% which as far as i know is the first 20 out of 60ish people

Modern History: dont have rank but i know im just doing average

Biology: first drank was 37 out of 80 something and second ranking was 67 out of 80 something

what do you all think? what is the average assessment mark i should be getting or aiming for? and would i be able to get the 89 i want?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There really is no such thing as an average assessment mark you should be aiming for.

Exam difficulty is very inconsistent throughout every school, and such it's very hard to determine whether it's good enough, not to mention it is still quite early in the year to make any real accurate guesses.

But considering your school is ranked well as you said, 89 UAI should still quite easily be in your reach.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I know its hard to settle down... But its usually the people who are working hard but think theyre not working hard enough who do well.

You're going excellent... much much much better than me... If it helps, remember you're beating me. But im studying harder so ill catch up if you panic and stop what ur working for.

A swimmer does not out swim a shark (you know the analogy) if theyre panicing. You have a goal. And because of that, you dont need to worry. Try not to think that you wont reach your goal, think of all the things you could do if you exceed it.

89 is definatly achievable for you. Im aiming for 88 and im doing a lot worse than you. So believe me, you'll make it if you dont panic yourself. You're smarter than you give yurself credit for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)