Final Cut Pro (1 Viewer)

Loza33

HSC
Hey Guys,

I am doing a video for my ext. 2 major work! It is going along pretty well... about to start filming and then editing.. however.. thats were the problem starts..

What i want to do, cant be done on our general imovie program.. we won Final Cut Pro in a competition a few years ago.. except none of the teachers know how to use it.. One is willing to look at the manual and see what he can figure out... But if anyone knows how to use it, or can give me a good website or book title that would help, it would be great!!

Thanx!!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
This is the same post as in Software, so in case you missed it:

There are a lot of tutorials out there, however you will need to invest a lot of time into learning the program before editing - so be prepared to spend a lot of free periods and lunchtimes in front of a computer before you actually get down to editing, especially if you can't take it home. You could 'borrow' it from school if you have a Mac at home..

If not, you could also 'acquire' Adobe Premiere if you run winblows at home, however you would need a fairly decent PC to run it (read: >3.0ghz, a LOT of HDD space and at least 512, but preferably >1GB of RAM). This also would take a lot of time to learn like FCP, but you could do it at home and be able to work on it during holidays and such, which would be infinitely easier (I did this with my Year 10 major work, even though i used windows movie maker, lol.).

Anyway, feel free to PM if you need any help or need to talk it over.

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
I run courses on the Adobe editing suite - Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Adobe Encore DVD. Final Cut Pro and the Adobe suite are fairly similar programs in terms of editing possibilities.

If you are interested in learning the Adobe suite please email me at writers_blok_productions@hotmail.com (take note of the underscores)

Kind Regards,

Christiaan Blok

hpk

HSC
I took a course in Final Cut Pro. it was around $400. But worth it. Learning by yourself.. will take you no joke forever. Its a very complicated program.

I did the course at MetroScreen in Paddington.

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, $400! I suppose they have to pay the rent on their expensive Oxford St location somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)