final essays (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Hate them. I feel like i should put in lots of effort and that they should be really time consuming yet im planning on a one day job for each of them just like during the semester.
bitch bitch moan moan
Go away.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i know how you feel - 2500 word culture, started thursday due monday - only referenced text book and lecture notes so far -_-

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
started thursday due monday? You should be cheering! how do people spend days on an essay? I dont get it. I need to do it in basically one sitting.
2 x 2500 word essays due monday (with possibly a couple of days extension).. written 1/2 an intro for cul100 and yet to even research for the other one.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
probably because i procrastinate - a lot when it comes to things like this - kind of scary for a first year - 2500 :jaw:
I like to do in bursts - often late at nigt when everyone is asleep, and I know I won't be disturbed...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Yeah true that. I feel your pain. Getting used to essays with 2500 words is great though because then you are cheering when next semester you get your first essay and its only 1500. It's like pft i can write that in 4 hours haha not to mention 2500 is kinda the norm anyway.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Half the problem is sustaining an academic argument for that period of time without waffling - and yeah - when i see a 1500 word I will be like pffft - i'm essay 1337 pro haxxor now (or whatever)
The only thing I can suggest is pretending a 2500 word essay is like a bunch of smaller essays that slot together??? that's how i have survived this one (kind of - *breaks down* :burn:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Haha how cute.
What you don't understand is that 2500 word essays (especially in media and cultural studies subjects) are an invitation to waffle, and waffle, and waffle a bit more! Its the only way through them.

Good luck.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
hahahaha so true! or as someone else in mu tute put it - waffle in depth

I am so close to finishing the draft - but i just can't be bothered at the moment - so annoyed lol - so close to finishing!!!!!!!!!

Probably don't want to finish cause I will then have to go back and proof read and think 'whoa - only somebody who was stoned could appreciate this'

blaaaahhhhh

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
The culture essay is a nightmare! What question are you guys doing? Lcf, i agree with you, a 2500 word essay is like a bunch of smaller essays put together ;)
anyway, also got a 2000 word linguistic essay due on the same day. What a nightmare, lol.

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Space is a construction and material manifestation of social relatioms that reveals cultural assumptions and practices. Critically Waffle....

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
I'm doing the identity one. Crap on about gender and sexuality. The others just seemed too hard.

Finished your draft... what's a draft? :p
Ive done my intro.. woohoo haha

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i bet with my luck, i'll get a crap pass, and you'll get an HD or something hahah!

for me a draft is when i hit the word limit. They I have a break and think HAHA KILLED YOU ESSAY! and then go back over it to make sure it makes sense in english and re-write anything that seems superfluous

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
haha no, especially not with this subject. I think im sitting on a low pass or something. For some reason, i can do 200level cul breezingly but i cant get cul100 right.

Ahh that's ok that. Your draft isn't really a draft draft. That makes me feel better haha.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cultural Studies...not waffling? You're going to fail

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
*smothers mike* NEVER!!!!!!

*onward cultural solddd-ieerrsss*

I have got to the point of waffle now - but constructive waffle :D :nod:

HSC
N/A
omg, CUL100... *shudders* So, so so so painful.

The big fat ARTS100 one is a little scary too...

I'm ok with 2500 word essays now. They're not fun, but at least they're doable. I've got myself on a kind of 3-4 day for each essay thing now :) Hurrah!

All in all I prefer final essays for some subjects... subjects like ARTS210 would just be a nightmare to memorise, and even SOC289 would be hugely difficult unless it was a short-answer exam (which it was). CUL100 would have been really yucky to "study" for as well, especially if you had to do an in-exam essay :S Can you say "ouch"?

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
I'm doing the identity one. Crap on about gender and sexuality. The others just seemed too hard.

Finished your draft... what's a draft? :p
Ive done my intro.. woohoo haha
lol, i'm doing that question too. its not as hard as the other questions as you've got numerous topics to pick and discuss (gender, race, sexuality, etc). Being a 2500 word essay, theres going to be a lot of waffling going on in my essay. :D

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
*major sigh* finished first draft - now I have to proof read and correct errors and see f i need to re-write anything

I really feel like just printing it out now - so sick of it lol

philly17

Ha are u all serious? 2500 isnt BAD AT ALL. I just did a 4000 wrds one worth 50% now thats hard!!! trust me

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
please remember I am a first year - so 2500 is a big thing to me, whereas to you (2nd/3rd year???) would be a walk in the park

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)