• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

final exams tips n resources (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
finals coming up soon. so it would be really appreciated by all [first years] if the old[er] folks could give some words of wisdom.

like things to study esp for the subjects that they would know of, etc.

also any resources they would have on them, that isnt avail to us...like past papers especially. if you cant get them up [the past papers of course;)] then please post that. i am willing go to any length of trouble to get them.

thanks a lot. this will be extremely appreciated!

*hopeful*

HSC
well i can tell u wat my 4th yr student/tutor told me
3 hrs of sleep everyday till examz

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
didnt u do sumfin called hsc?
ye...
do wat u did then...or wat u thought u shouldve done

*goes back to study*

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
my advice is always, drink alot of water and get alot of sleep =p

as for resources, it would be unfair...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i didnt mean like tips like what to do i meant specific things for specific subjects.
for eg-
accg: make sure you can do the worksheet. about 20 marks are allocated for that.

something, anything, like that.

Originally posted by flyin'
as for resources, it would be unfair...
umm...why?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i think all you 2nd year,3rd year, 4th year... should participate in altruism ...... those who do, usually survive (according to the evolution perspective) longer than those who don't participate in acts of unselfishness hehehe

just kidding... i do stat170, psy104, mktg101 ..... i think i know what to expect in stat170 and mktg101 but i've got nooo freaking idea what to expect in psy104

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redruM
i didnt mean like tips like what to do i meant specific things for specific subjects.
for eg-
accg: make sure you can do the worksheet. about 20 marks are allocated for that.

something, anything, like that.

umm...why?
For Accg100, Alex tells you explicitedly what's in the exam, so don't worry!
Originally posted by clairegirl
i think all you 2nd year,3rd year, 4th year... should participate in altruism ...... those who do, usually survive (according to the evolution perspective) longer than those who don't participate in acts of unselfishness hehehe
altrusim is good, im all for it, so long as it benefits me ;):p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
accg100 isnt the only subject i do [am going to fail :p]

i was just using that as an example.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
dun believe alex! he's a liar! he'll prolly tell u cashflows arent gonna be in exams, but den u'll read questions 4 and u'll be like AWW WTF!

this is wats gonna be in 100 exam:

Q1: conceptual framework questions like the ones u find in ur txtbook where u are told an event and the transaction, n u gotta spot out wat they did wrong n wat they shouldve done. they'll be like 5 of those.

Q2: Internal control question. Prolly sumfin on how a cinema manages its tickets and cash collecting. You gotta write a 1 page long answer on evaluating its system and wat u would do.

Q3: I 4got...

Q4: There was a fire and you have incomplete balance sheet and profit statement. You gotta use ledgers n cashflows to work out the missing stuff

I 4got how many questions there was. Last one u gotta do worksheet. dats 10 marks. den profit statement, and closing of journal entries.

Advice: Work fast coz u'll run outer time. If you cant do q4, skip it and come back to it. Q4 is always a biatch in accg100 and accg101. He tests ur understanding. The other ones are routine.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
cheers malachite!

just out of curiousity, did you do the accg100 paper? i thought you were doing actuarial studies? they do accg105? maybe you transfered??

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
nah actuarial ppl used to do accg100 and accg101 in 1st yr and then econ110 in sem1 2nd yr. This yr they changed the recommended program so first yrs do econ110 instead of accg100. 1st yr actuaries now do 105 instead of 100 and 101.

This is y 2nd yr actuarial ppl are doing econ110 now.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
Ive said this before, but a tip for stat170... just look at the past papers and the solutions, and go through them over and over ... cos basically the exam structure is the same except different numbers and stuff
yep thanks, i will be doing that since you said before, and again now

do you think it's worth doing the 97/98 papers if we have time? or just do the 2002 ones?

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
yep thanks, i will be doing that since you said before, and again now

do you think it's worth doing the 97/98 papers if we have time? or just do the 2002 ones?
Im not sure about 97/98 papers, I dont think we were given those when i did it, but if its similar to 2002 paper, then it wont hurt :)

I still have mid year/end year papers/solutions for 2001 and 2002 if they didnt give em out.

goodluck!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=«MČŇhﴊ»=-
dun believe alex! he's a liar! he'll prolly tell u cashflows arent gonna be in exams, but den u'll read questions 4 and u'll be like AWW WTF!
I knew nothing about cash flows and still made up stuff for q4! q4 was creative accounting. =p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
Im not sure about 97/98 papers, I dont think we were given those when i did it, but if its similar to 2002 paper, then it wont hurt :)

I still have mid year/end year papers/solutions for 2001 and 2002 if they didnt give em out.

goodluck!
well they're semi-similar, quite a bit different, i'll see how much time i have

they gave us papers and solutions for 2002 semester1 and semester2 exams

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yup i'm eager, thanks!! i won't touch 97/98 now

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how come they don't have accg100 past papers?

anyway, i'm finding it really hard knowing how to answer econ110 long answer questions... in my long answer test my explanations were everywhere... and i ran out of time

so do you have tips for longer response econ question? like how detailed do you need to be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)