Financial Hardship EAS at UOW (1 Viewer)

Jakespikey

HSC
Hey guys, I just applied the other day directly to the university for the Educational Access Scheme. I wrote that I had financial hardship and my teacher ticked the most severe for the effect in which it has had on me. I was wondering what "bonuses" (how much UAI points did it reduce the cut off of your course your applying for and what severity was yours classed as) other people have recieved through this scheme for uow? I'm applying for B Business Admin with the intention to transfer to commerce after the first year. Thanks guys.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Jakespikey said:
Hey guys, I just applied the other day directly to the university for the Educational Access Scheme. I wrote that I had financial hardship and my teacher ticked the most severe for the effect in which it has had on me. I was wondering what "bonuses" (how much UAI points did it reduce the cut off of your course your applying for and what severity was yours classed as) other people have recieved through this scheme for uow? I'm applying for B Business Admin with the intention to transfer to commerce after the first year. Thanks guys.
I applied for EAS and was given around 10 points extra - if I recall correctly.

UAI = 90.05 + Wollongong bonus = 93.05 + EAS = 103.05

I rule.

Jakespikey

HSC
I say your pulling my leg, you recall incorectly or they have had a change of policy since the time you did apply... as your only allowed 5 EAS bonus points as far as I'm aware at present.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Jakespikey said:
I say your pulling my leg, you recall incorectly or they have had a change of policy since the time you did apply... as your only allowed 5 EAS bonus points as far as I'm aware at present.
As far as I know, it's at the university's discression... as in they have full discression to give you as many or as little (or no) points as they want.

Unless there's been a change in rules and UAC has been given teeth regarding this.

Jakespikey

HSC
I see, that sounds logical. Do you mind telling me wether your disadvantage was financially based and what severity it was classafied as? Thankyou.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Jakespikey said:
I see, that sounds logical. Do you mind telling me wether your disadvantage was financially based and what severity it was classafied as? Thankyou.
It was medical - ongoing - and it was most severe.

jimmayyy

HSC
different unis give you different amounts.

wollongong gave me 4, uts gave me 10, sydney gave me 5, uws gave me 5

Jakespikey

HSC
For financial hardship or something else? What serverity as well please. Thankyou.

ccalpito89

HSC
I don't want to sound rude or anything,

but wasn't the EAS supposed to be submitted a few months ago? :S

Didn't you receive a first round offer.

I don't know how many bonus points I received but I had 3 EAS claims I made.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
poloktim said:
I applied for EAS and was given around 10 points extra - if I recall correctly.

UAI = 90.05 + Wollongong bonus = 93.05 + EAS = 103.05

I rule.

this system is fucked... 'im poor therefore im stupid, give me pity'

if i got 2 use this one itd be UAI = 98.5 + 3 (local) + 10 = 111.5 :D

Jakespikey

HSC
ccalpito89 said:
I don't want to sound rude or anything,

but wasn't the EAS supposed to be submitted a few months ago? :S

Didn't you receive a first round offer.

I don't know how many bonus points I received but I had 3 EAS claims I made.
It's closed now but at around the time I posted the thread you could hand it directly into UOW and still get considered. I got considered for financial hardship and because of increased responsibilty as I didn't live with my family. I applied for B of Commerce with a UAI of 72.15 I got 3 bonus points for being local which put me on 75.15 and then I got atleast 2.85 bonus points for financial hardship and increased responsibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)